Kindle virgin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
Have got with 21st century and bought a kindle today. Have linked it up to wifi and bought and downloaded a book for 99p and a free one. :)

Have had a peruse on amazon and have been told they do a free one everyday. :lol:

so, before I make any costly mistakes, has anyone got any lifesaving tips, and has anyone downloaded any good books be it fiction or trade books? :|

[I have checked search and doesn't seem to be much on this subject] :?:

Hi

I had a kindle for christmas. My advice would be only download the books you actually want. It is sooooo easy to just download everything.

I'm still not used to it yet though so I would be interested to see what others say.

see if you can download 'a thousand splendid suns' by kalid huusain( wrong spelling) . that book is un-put downable

I love my kindle :)

If you go to the kindle store, type "free books" and hit enter and a load of free books for the kindle will be on there.

There are loads of classic books, like Charles ****ens, Sherlock Holmes, etc and a few others too. I've downloaded a lot of these.

I'm trying to read most of my actual books first, but i made a big wishlist on the kindle on amazon so i can work my way through as and when i'm ready.

Like actual books, if it's new, it'll be more expensive, so if you can wait a little while, it will get cheaper.

As for good books...what type of books do you like? I'm quite varied, i love horror, teen horror (lol), chick lit, crime, mystery and non-fiction xx

*excitement* There's one hidden in the house somewhere, for my birthday tomorrow. My shelves are groaning with books, glad to hear there are lots of options for freebies :D

*excitement* There's one hidden in the house somewhere, for my birthday tomorrow. My shelves are groaning with books, glad to hear there are lots of options for freebies :D

I've got a feeling that's what I'm getting for my birthday tomorrow too!!
Happy birthday for tomorrow too lol x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Does everyone like their kindle? We are thinking about getting one for our daughters birthday, she will be 9 on 23rd Feb. Good idea?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Here in the U.S., if you have a valid library card, you can check out ebook from any public library with your Kindle. I hope you have that over there.

It's just like checking out a regular book, you have it for two weeks then the book disappears from your device.

Here in the U.S., if you have a valid library card, you can check out ebook from any public library with your Kindle. I hope you have that over there.

It's just like checking out a regular book, you have it for two weeks then the book disappears from your device.

That's ace I don't think that's something we can do though.

I've not heard of it gr8nailsz but it sounds amazing...i'll have to check.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow girls! xx

I'm in love with my Kindle! Best thing I've ever had.
Couple of authors I really like are Lesley Pearse and Jodi Picoult. Haven't found any of theirs are free but there's some pretty good free ones out there.
I think it's a fab present for anyone who enjoys reading,can't go far wrong I don't think! Also,anyone stuck on ideas for presents for them can get an amazon voucher which can be used to spend on books.
Another bonus for me,is when going on a weeks holiday,I have to take 8 books due to the speed I read,so by having a kindle I have more room for shoes!!!!xxxx

I've not heard of it gr8nailsz but it sounds amazing...i'll have to check.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow girls! xx

Thanks hun :)

Libary thing sounds a great idea..keep bugging boyfriend for clues...I'll keep him up til midnight and make him give me my present then..haha. if its not a kindle,I reckon I'll be buying myself one anyway :) xx

There are tons of free books on amazon. Pick a category and sort price low->high. I love my kindle and couldn't be without it.

Wooo got my lovely little kindle and a pretty pink case too!! Now laying in bed trying to work out how to use it lol...xx

I'm having great fun..downloaded a couple books already. I'm quite into my girly books,romantic and soppy and just general fashiony girly stuff,any recommendations? :) xx

Loves my kindle xx

Wee tip. I prefer to browse books on amazon's website rather than kindle store via kindle.

On the website you can see prices without going into each one, you can sort and you just choose to send to your device. Next time you switch your kindle on your new books are waiting for you.

hi guys,
yes am loving my kindle.
Have read 2 books already - both free. Just downloaded
Wuthering heights and Pride & Prej both free.

I've also just had a pretty purple leather case delivered as although I like to read it au naturel, for travel purposes I think a case is a necessity.

Off to have another browse.

for books I like a variety, I like chick lit, literature, murder mystery and I also like historical novels set in the regency period, just seems so damned classy. I also quite like a biog.

If there's any kindle users/zombie lovers out there... 7 zombie books for free right here!

BOOKS of the DEAD PRESS: 7 FREE BOOKS TODAY!

I realize most of us will be using the amazon.co.uk site so the easiest thing to do is to copy and paste the titles to the UK kindle store and voila! Enjoy! xx

I love, love, love my Kindle. Couldn't live without it now. I use it far more than my iPad.

Best books read so far:

Girly: One Day by David Nicholls
Thriller: Dead Simple by Peter James
Serious fiction: We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shrivers (really difficult to get into at first, but stick with it)

I read nearly 2 books per week at the moment.

Stephiebaby, if your daughter likes reading, she will love the Kindle.

Latest posts

Back