"kinky brush tip"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Hi i wonder if anyone has any suggestions for me ive just purchased a new kolinsky size 5 (nsi touch tip) brush to try my hand at some 3d nail art (was inspired after watching Ant at the show on sunday - WOW). Used it yesterday great but noticed earlier today some of the hairs are kinking outwards not good for intricate work! (must have not stored
correctly) so soaked it in acrylic liquid and brush cleaner still a problem dont want to start getting the sissors out as it will destroy the shape. Any idea how i can fix this before my inspiration runs dry?

:cry:

Hi try holding it under hot water and then reshaping the brissles and letting it dry and see what happens.

Didnt clean my brush properly one time and had to do this to reshape it give it a go what have you got to loose:cry:

kind regards Catherine

shampoo it so the monomer is completely out of it, let it dry, with the brush head pointing down.. (24-48 hours) and GENTLY use a hair straightening iron to flatten it out again.. it is hair treat it as such, just do it Gently. :)

ah thanks for the advise guys the hot water shamphoo and a iorn`s worked a treat much appreciated.

ah thanks for the advise guys the hot water shamphoo and a iorn`s worked a treat much appreciated.

I'm doing gels tomorrow. What's the best way to clean the brush of gel? :cry:

Thanx in advance.

I'm doing gels tomorrow. What's the best way to clean the brush of gel? :cry:

Thanx in advance.

if its clogged, gently wipe it left right left right on a nail pad moistened with some scrubfresh.

Hi i wonder if anyone has any suggestions for me ive just purchased a new kolinsky size 5 (nsi touch tip) brush to try my hand at some 3d nail art (was inspired after watching Ant at the show on sunday - WOW). Used it yesterday great but noticed earlier today some of the hairs are kinking outwards not good for intricate work! (must have not stored
correctly) so soaked it in acrylic liquid and brush cleaner still a problem dont want to start getting the sissors out as it will destroy the shape. Any idea how i can fix this before my inspiration runs dry?

:cry:

If it doesn't work for you get in touch with someone from EzFlow.. they sell 3 (I think?) design brushes that are great for design work.

I think i will do that anyway thanks judy would it be best to keep a seperate brush say for dark colours, light and glitters? looked in my local cash n carry today and they really have a poor selection on quality and size wish i bought them at the show now also ezflow acrylic colours do you know if they do a starter pack for 3d nail art as i always find it difficult to choose colours. I did buy some glitters and already have the nsi colour packs.

Latest posts

Back