Kitty hasn't come home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Hi all i have a 6 nearly 7 month old kitten. He got neutered and chipped 3 weeks ago and started going out on Sunday (of which I was dreading) he seemed quite timid of the outside and always stayed within view untill last night he went out at half10 and I haven't seen him since :( I am so upset I've been out looking etc but no sign. People say its normal for them to go off but I'm so worried he's lost his bearings or he is hurt somewhere. Can anyone offer me advice or has this happened to you? From a very upset cat lover. :'(

hun dont worry, i have 2 kittens who are 10 months now and one of them goes wondering off all the time, i also have their mum and of the ladies who took one of the other kittens had the same thing the other day but eventually came back.

try and only let your kitten out before feeding time so that you know they wont be out long and will want to come in for food. do that to start with until you feel comfortable that he/she is coming in when you call.

xxx

hun dont worry, i have 2 kittens who are 10 months now and one of them goes wondering off all the time, i also have their mum and of the ladies who took one of the other kittens had the same thing the other day but eventually came back.

try and only let your kitten out before feeding time so that you know they wont be out long and will want to come in for food. do that to start with until you feel comfortable that he/she is coming in when you call.

xxx

We had a cat flap fitted so he can go in and out when he wants - I think I made the mistake last night of feeding him before he went off out again. I'm just such a worrier I always dread the worst. I really miss him and its only been a day xx

I hope you find him! I would be exactly the same if my cat didn't came back and hes 5 years! 😔 Xxx

We had a cat flap fitted so he can go in and out when he wants - I think I made the mistake last night of feeding him before he went off out again. I'm just such a worrier I always dread the worst. I really miss him and its only been a day xx

thats quite young to be coming and going hun?

thats quite young to be coming and going hun?

When I lived with my mum we always did it like that, and never had any problems. I hope I've done the right thing?

When I lived with my mum we always did it like that, and never had any problems. I hope I've done the right thing?

im sure its fine hun, i just worry too much especially this time around as i watched them all being born they feel like my babies too lol

My bf has just gone out looking and he has carried him home. He was a 5 minute walk - from now on the cat flap is getting closed at night !!!

My bf has just gone out looking and he has carried him home. He was a 5 minute walk - from now on the cat flap is getting closed at night !!!

Thank god! So glad you have found him. And good idea closing the cat flap. I hate my cat being out all night xx

glad you found him, give him a good telling off lol (i do with mine!!)

Bless him he was hiding in a bush! Obviously didnt know where he was poor little baby. Thanks for your concerns guys xxxx

Glad you found him, honestly they always come back. I've let my cats come in and out from they were kittens x

Mines the same he went off two Saturdays ago hasn't returned , he has been snipped and chipped , nothing , asked around local cat rescues , it wouldn't be so bad of you knew where they go or if they are alive even , hardest thing is telling kids , we've said he got a girlfriend , but I'm glad you have found you cat Xx

Mines the same he went off two Saturdays ago hasn't returned , he has been snipped and chipped , nothing , asked around local cat rescues , it wouldn't be so bad of you knew where they go or if they are alive even , hardest thing is telling kids , we've said he got a girlfriend , but I'm glad you have found you cat Xx

I hope he comes home Lydia xx

Awww that is so sad:( can't imagine what you must be feeling. Some people think I'm silly I'm sure but it's like a part of the family and routine. I hope he comes home bless your kids xxx

I'm so glad you found your cat and I'm doubly glad you posted this thread. You have just reaffirmed my reason for never getting a cat again. I was on the brink of caving in but after reading this it's brought it all back.

My Poodge went missing years and years ago and I was so heart broken I swore I'd never go through that again. It was like losing a child. O.K, thats a bit dramatic but you know what I mean.

I now have the pleasure of cuddling my clients cats instead. :D

This is so sad :'(

My cat went missing for a full night once its so hard :-( hips he gets homd safe ♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

We've had 3 cats go missing and its heartbreaking , especially when you've got children. My 11 year old son wants to invent a GPS tracking device that will send your cats location to your phone and he wants to call it the "cat nav"!!

So pleased your puddy cat is home safe and well :)

Bless him he was hiding in a bush! Obviously didnt know where he was poor little baby. Thanks for your concerns guys xxxx

I'm so glad you've found him! x

I hope you find your kitty! I'd be heartbroken...I had better let mine in x

Latest posts

Back