Kitty hasn't come home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bf has just gone out looking and he has carried him home. He was a 5 minute walk - from now on the cat flap is getting closed at night !!!

I'm so glad you got him back.

Mines the same he went off two Saturdays ago hasn't returned , he has been snipped and chipped , nothing , asked around local cat rescues , it wouldn't be so bad of you knew where they go or if they are alive even , hardest thing is telling kids , we've said he got a girlfriend , but I'm glad you have found you cat Xx

We've had 3 go missing over the years and when the kids were little I used to say Peanut has gone on holiday and is having adventures etc etc

Obviously as they got older I couldn't get away with things like that and it was heartbreaking. Luckily our current cat Flump is a real scaredy cat and doesn't venture out of our garden hardly ever. But if we call her in and she doesn't come immediately we all panic.

I really hope your cat comes home. Years ago before I had the kids my beloved cat crumpet went missing for 2 weeks and we really thought that was it but she turned up bedraggled one morning skinny and all her claws broken and the vet reckoned she must've got accidentally locked in someone's garage or shed (broken claws from trying to get out)

So hopefully your little kitty may still turn up. Fingers crossed for you xx

Our cat used to go missing, we would get glimpses of him in the field out the back, think three weeks was the longest he went for. But as a consolation, I know quiet a few people who's cats have gone feral. And they are fine I still see my friends cat simba around her place quit often, he is wild but looks very healthy. Also my other friends cat "puss" went out once and he's about but you can't catch him. Don't worry guys cats go wild alot and it's natural for them. Sometimes they just like to be travellers with nine lives! Just think pet cats have been jabbed and done before they go out out on their travels! They will be fine although its emotional and upsetting they sometimes choose life in the road! Xxxx

Our cat used to go missing, we would get glimpses of him in the field out the back, think three weeks was the longest he went for. But as a consolation, I know quiet a few people who's cats have gone feral. And they are fine I still see my friends cat simba around her place quit often, he is wild but looks very healthy. Also my other friends cat "puss" went out once and he's about but you can't catch him. Don't worry guys cats go wild alot and it's natural for them. Sometimes they just like to be travellers with nine lives! Just think pet cats have been jabbed and done before they go out out on their travels! They will be fine although its emotional and upsetting they sometimes choose life in the road! Xxxx

Love this!! Xx

We've had 3 cats go missing and its heartbreaking , especially when you've got children. My 11 year old son wants to invent a GPS tracking device that will send your cats location to your phone and he wants to call it the "cat nav"!!

So pleased your puddy cat is home safe and well :)

I'm sure this has been invented, or I did in my sleep :) great idea either way. Me and your son are genius's :) x

I would be broken if mine didnt come home, to the point where I stayed up till 1am waiting for francesXXX to come home a few months back as was so worried. My cats have been attacked by someone and had major ops so I worry about them all the time.
I am a crazy cat lady :)

I'm sure this has been invented, or I did in my sleep :) great idea either way. Me and your son are genius's :) x

Lol you are right. We looked online and there is a cat locator but it only bleeps on the receiver if youre headed in the right direction so appears to be like a game of hide and seek or hunt the thimble!! (eg are we cold, warm or hot hahaha) It also says it emits a bleep when the cat is up to an inch away (erm think you may actually see it then?!). There is another product called the cat snooper but omg it is massive and it looks like the cat has a bomb disposal unit on his back!!! Me and my son were in hysterics when we saw it lol

Lol you are right. We looked online and there is a cat locator but it only bleeps on the receiver if youre headed in the right direction so appears to be like a game of hide and seek or hunt the thimble!! (eg are we cold, warm or hot hahaha) It also says it emits a bleep when the cat is up to an inch away (erm think you may actually see it then?!). There is another product called the cat snooper but omg it is massive and it looks like the cat has a bomb disposal unit on his back!!! Me and my son were in hysterics when we saw it lol
LOL I have to look this up now. It's a shame they can't put it in their microchips. I bet one day when technology advances even more their will be something tiny. I've also said why cant they do this for babies when they are born so if children can go missing they can be tracked but that's a different subject.

Dougie update: we let him sleep in our room last night (we don't normally he sleeps down stairs) and he was good as gold. Although he keeps looking at me, meowing then looking at the cat flap but I'm not letting him out today, ill be off at ten for a full day of clients so he will have to meow at a photo of me instead! Lol

Haha that's so funny! Xx

LOL I have to look this up now. It's a shame they can't put it in their microchips. I bet one day when technology advances even more their will be something tiny. I've also said why cant they do this for babies when they are born so if children can go missing they can be tracked but that's a different subject.

Dougie update: we let him sleep in our room last night (we don't normally he sleeps down stairs) and he was good as gold. Although he keeps looking at me, meowing then looking at the cat flap but I'm not letting him out today, ill be off at ten for a full day of clients so he will have to meow at a photo of me instead! Lol

I've always said this about the microchips. My dogs a little Houdini and escapes all the time. I almost broke my leg once chasing her and tripping over something in an alley and going flying, landing all my weight on one knee. Got up and carried on running though and she ran straight into my mum. As soon as I saw she was okay I collapsed and couldn't stand up again. It was amazing as when Sophie was in danger I hadn't felt a thing! We'll have to band together and invent one. We'll split the profits :D xx

Too right -we'll be on dragons den next year ;)

I was having a conversation about this with my boyfriend he thought i was crazy but it is a good idea! Would save so much time and heartbreak when people go missing too can track them all down and the person responsible! he was saying that's invading privacy but to this day still think its a good idea! X

You must be do worried, sending you a big hug x

Oops just seen your post he's been found. So pleased! X

Glad your moggy was found.

My SIL has neighbours who's dog doesn't just go walkabout it takes the bus! They have a GPS chip fitted to his collar and now when he disappears they track him down with that, and have travelled huge distances to go get him!

Latest posts

Back