Knotted/strawlike hair HELP........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I apologise in advance if this is a long one.
So here goes..............
3 weeks ago I had my hair cut and couloured blonde as usual at the hair salon and had it straigtened as well.
2 days later I went out in the evening and ended up in a club. Normally with the moisture in clubs my hair has gone frizzy before but this time it stayed perfectly straight on the outside but the hair underneath from root to tip went almost matted/knotty and really tough.
I brushed it out but have found that when I wash it it does the same underneath (when I lift up the 'outside' portion of hair, if that makes sense).
I normally colour my hair myself although only 3-4 times a year if that sometimes and have only had it coloured at a salon approx 5 times in total.
Is it possible that iv gor to a point where it has too much colour and I need to re-hydrate it with loads of masks and conditioner and not colour it for a while-even though I dont do it very often anyway???
Thanks in advance for your advice.
x

Hi michelle, what are you putting on the hair after you have straightened it? Are you putting anything on it before you straighten it? I don't normally worry myself but in your case I would definitely recommend a serum of some kind or straightening balm. Charles Worthington does a good range. No end of conditioning will make much difference, but a good hair conditioner is Aussie 4 minute miracle, it really is lovely.
Hope this helps. xx

Thanks for your reply, but it isnt just happening when I straighten it, but also when i simply wash it and leave it to dry naturally????
Help please...................

sounds like u need a major chop. . . sorry but it sounds like ur hair has been damaged beyond conditioners help. . i mean if it is matting basically from root to tip then it sound like the cuticles have been roughened that much they are acting like velcro to each other and snagging and matting. . i strongly advise u get it cut and use some sort of leave in detangling condition, and use heat protection at everystage, pre blow dry and pre str8n. and also once u have finished styling ur hair, avoid any sticky holding products (hairspray and mousse) as this wont help, use a oily serum of your choice to coat the hair and try and keep it from knotting and smooth the cuticle down temporarily. . . other than that their isnt much u can do but by not cutting of damaged hair, u risk further damage as the hair continues to split right up the length of the hair. . . i do hope that helped somehow. . . xxx

OH and also if u usually colour ur hair urself, did the salon do an incompatability test on a sample of ur hair? if not their colours may have reacted with the one u used. . if this is the case ur hair is screwed . . harsh but true. . did u feel any heat or anything while the colour was on? x

Latest posts

Back