Koleston 7/0 come out dark, want highlights to brighten to warm blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gloria1000

Reaction score
I have a client who had box colour I used 7/0 dark blonde koleston it's to dark for her I wasn't to run hightlights through it but don't want to blonde yet not orange hello. I would normally lift up tint with bleach and 12%
I want them to blend in but not sure if 9 % Will lift to a warm blonde ?

It’s not clear from your OP, so a few questions please.

Approx. how long ago was the box dye applied?
How much regrowth is there? Inch, more - less?
What’s her natural level?

You shouldn’t really ever need to use 12% with bleach. Were you trying to lift the box dye?
Had you considered using a colour reducer?

I have colour the client's hair it's a nice shade of colour just a bit dark for her so I want yo put hightlights though it to lift it without turning her to blonde. I use 12 % on her dark hair when I just want a few packets. Not on a full head. I was thinking maybe blonder with 12%. This is the colour I would like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190925-081200_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190925-081200_Samsung Internet.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 19
When you use bleach on darker hair, it lifts and exposes the underlying pigment so you have to tone it afterwards using a toner for the level you have lifted it to.

Thank you I know that. I bleached to lift colour out of the hair. Not virgin hair. I also leave bkeach hightlights if thry don't need a toner id the client hasnt got a lot of red undertones. I used 9% with bleach fine packets all over. Came out very well. Thanks again for getting back to me

Latest posts

Back