Koleston colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tita

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

It has been a while since i've posted here, and need your advice, since I've been out of the trade for a while.

I'm a natural base 5, and last few years have been colouring my hair to a level 7 (Koleston) and had a few very subtle honey h/l done,as i'm quite pale. I'm aiming for a balayage/ombre very soon and after a colour disaster service I had done in a salon last year, I was left with a very orangey base 7, so I've tried Illumina 2 parts 7.81 +1 part 7, 6% all over which came out lovely but roots still quite coppery under lights. I understand that my natural base has a lot of red undertones and it is a nightmare to get rid off. Could you advise me of a good alternative Illumina or koleston shade mix to try? I was thinking a 7.1 with a dash of 0/88 (Koleston). And which shade of toner for a neutral level 8-9ish balayage as I'm expecting it to come out gold orange with bleach and 6%, my hair is fine and don't want to use stronger strength of peroxide.

Hi geeks!

It has been a while since i've posted here, and need your advice, since I've been out of the trade for a while.

I'm a natural base 5, and last few years have been colouring my hair to a level 7 (Koleston) and had a few very subtle honey h/l done,as i'm quite pale. I'm aiming for a balayage/ombre very soon and after a colour disaster service I had done in a salon last year, I was left with a very orangey base 7, so I've tried Illumina 2 parts 7.81 +1 part 7, 6% all over which came out lovely but roots still quite coppery under lights. I understand that my natural base has a lot of red undertones and it is a nightmare to get rid off. Could you advise me of a good alternative Illumina or koleston shade mix to try? I was thinking a 7.1 with a dash of 0/88 (Koleston). And which shade of toner for a neutral level 8-9ish balayage as I'm expecting it to come out gold orange with bleach and 6%, my hair is fine and don't want to use stronger strength of peroxide.
I would use 7/1 kp and add 2 g 0/81 mix tone for every 30g of 7/1 :) might be better with 9% as you need 2 levels of lift from 5 to a 7? , 6 % only lifts 1 level so maybe that's leaving a red / copper hue. Also for your ombre, if it's on a base 8 I'd use Illumina 8/96 and pastel, if it's a 9 I'd use colour touch 9/16 + 1.9% :)

Thanks ronray, never used 7.1 and will try with 9%. I was thinking the 0/88 mix, because I find with the 0/81 on my hair, I have to use quite a lot of it to get rid of the copper hues, but the 0/88 will probably make the hair darker even with just a dash. I find the colour touch 9/16 still kind of warm, pinky (violet)?.. I'm a bit scared of colour touch violet shades, especially when there is still residual orange after bleaching. You mean Illumina 8/69? It looks lovely, might do a strand test though. ;)

Latest posts

Back