Koleston high lift 12/11 special blondes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blingblonde

Reaction score
Hi all , love this app helped me no end through college. I have a question though, it a bit of an odd one. So I've been using koleston special blondes 12/11 for a while . Of course I know it's never going to get the same lift as bleach but I'm trying to leave the bleach. I'm
Naturally a 7 but trying to achieve the lightest lift I can but of course without the yellow / brassy colour .
Now this koleston has always been fine but last twi times of using it the colour has not lasted as long and I seem to be going yellowish . I must add most importantly I've just had a baby . Any suggestions on what I should use next . I've been trained in gold well but prefer to use wella on myself .

Hi there, have you tried the 12/89 or 12/81 with 12%? You can also add the /81 into your mix. I tend to do 30mls 12/89 with 3 to 5 mls of the /81 to double 12% so 1:2. /1 subdues rather than counteracts gold.

Hi sugarplumfaery , thanks for getting back to me . I called into the warehouse and looked at the 12/81 I was tempted but as I'm not trained in wella I didn't want to chance having purple tones .
Maybe I should try goldwell even though I don't like them

Just did some reading up on the good old koleston , someone suggested sprinkling a little bleach powder. I'm sure I did this years ago but can't remember the outcome I'm sure I found it was too much for my hair but I might give it a whirl .

Oh my goodness, please don't do that!! That is so old school and really bad advice. Honestly the 12/89 with /81 would be lovely. 12/96 would be lovely too but on the pinky/ silvery side. Don't sprinkle bleach in your highlifts.... Ever!

Oh my goodness, please don't do that!! That is so old school and really bad advice. Honestly the 12/89 with /81 would be lovely. 12/96 would be lovely too but on the pinky/ silvery side. Don't sprinkle bleach in your highlifts.... Ever!
Out of curiosity, what would happen if she did sprinkle bleach into it?

It's been years since i've added bleach to color. As i remember it lightens the hair up but it keeps the hair-color formula itself from leaving much of its tones.

The bleach will dissolve the colour molecules thus negating the effects of the colour. You may as well just bleach the hair.

The bleach will dissolve the colour molecules thus negating the effects of the colour. You may as well just bleach the hair.
Pretty much

What Cam said. Fact!

I gotta say as well it makes your hair like cotton wool . I remember why I stopped doing it soon as sugarplumfaery said it was old school , my tutor said the same and also said it explained why my hair had the texture of cotton wool / chewing gum

Ok sugarplumfaery I'm gonna take the plunge and try your mix, how long do you recommend I leave on mid lengths and ends as I have a cocktail of high lift and bleach on the very ends . I'm trying to avoid the pink /violet tones

Ok sugarplumfaery I'm gonna take the plunge and try your mix, how long do you recommend I leave on mid lengths and ends as I have a cocktail of high lift and bleach on the very ends . I'm trying to avoid the pink /violet tones

You DON'T put it on the already bleached ends. You need to tone them with something much gentler such as illumina or colour touch.

Yes not on the ends. On virgin hair only. If you have a virgin midlengths and roots apply to midlengths first (approx 1 inch from root) leave 20 to 30 minutes then mix fresh batch and apply to regrowth for 60 minutes. You can allow a further 5 to 10 minutes if it needs it. Remember the timing is the last thing highlifts do. Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks guys, the bleach on the ends is only a small amount but I know koleston say not to use on previously bleached hair but as I'm newly qualified I always like to confirm a few things .
If I don't get the lift I want I will use silk lift . I just find the gold wells leave violet tone in my hair no matter what I do . Even when the colour expert from gold well tried it it still had the violet hint must be because my hair is so porous . Of course ge violet leaves but I want it instant clear bright lift for Saturday night [emoji136][emoji136] and I don't want to spend half night washing my hair in the anti dandruff shampoo to get rid of the violet

Warehouse had no kp special blondes so I've used what I had left from my 12/11 and I'm gutted again . I know people say just wack another brand on but I've been struggling to grow my hair for ages and kp is the only on that has allowed my hair to go passed the shoulders .
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453563917.557473.jpg

Oh well a few j d and cokes I will be fine

Warehouse had no kp special blondes so I've used what I had left from my 12/11 and I'm gutted again . I know people say just wack another brand on but I've been struggling to grow my hair for ages and kp is the only on that has allowed my hair to go passed the shoulders . View attachment 193654
Oh well a few j d and cokes I will be fine

You don't need to whack another brand on i promise all you need is the recommended mixture! /1 does hardly anything.

I think my warehouse I've been using is either going into liquidation or closing down because they had hardly any kp and were only selling general hairdresser stuff ... The colors were very minimal .
Totally gutted as all I did all night was look at my yellow hair ..... What a Saddo !!!!
I will be trying the mix when I get to Sally's next , do you think it will be safe to put on my just colored 12/11 ?

Sorry and to the person who message me before I don't know who to message you directly but I use the koleston developer 12% as recommended but if you want to use different you can , personally I wouldn't use a ford engine in a Mercedes car but your choice .xx

I would stick to the wella developer and colour together .

Latest posts

Back