Koleston high lift 12/11 special blondes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you know why your colour is throwing warmth. Highlifts even though they say 5 levels, it's only up to 5 levels. Normally you'll only get around three levels of lift and then using /1 will only subdue not counteract. You could've added /81 to your mix and there would have been much less root glow. You could tone on an 8 level to help with the yellow tone.

Try going base colour to ash 9 and foiling the highlift through, two shades lighter or darker than natural tone with highlights/lowlights through, i stick to this and never have problems, personally i think when natural hair is lifted too light it gives that glow. Roots would only require a 6% and i dont think a bit of bleach through a foil with 3% is too bad either, blondes love these colours usually x

Help help help , I've just come back from the warehouse the woman serving said that I cannot use wella on my hair as I've already 12/11 I was hoping to use 12/89 with /81 the woman said that my hair will snap .

Help help help , I've just come back from the warehouse the woman serving said that I cannot use wella on my hair as I've already 12/11 I was hoping to use 12/89 with /81 the woman said that my hair will snap .
Are you a trained hairdresser?

I am newly trained . I trained with goldwell but I use wella on my own hair, I just find it easier .

And don't hate on me but I just find wella lasts better with high lifts and condition works for me , I was using goldwell silk lift but didn't really rate it I found my hair wasn't growing passed my shoulders so I reverted back to wella but since having a baby my hair is so unpredictable . I wouldn't of thought the hormone change would still be affecting my hair but it's not lifting like it once did and now I'm finding a lot of yellow / gold glow at the roots .

And don't hate on me but I just find wella lasts better with high lifts and condition works for me , I was using goldwell silk lift but didn't really rate it I found my hair wasn't growing passed my shoulders so I reverted back to wella but since having a baby my hair is so unpredictable . I wouldn't of thought the hormone change would still be affecting my hair but it's not lifting like it once did and now I'm finding a lot of yellow / gold glow at the roots .

Wella is better[emoji12]

She's right. If you've all ready used the 12/11 you cannot go over with 12/89, you need to tone!!!

I'm sure that this has already been mentioned to you. You could use illumina or colourtouch- I think on a 9 level would be good. Or 8/81 but watch it and paint on regrowth first before taking it through.

I called back there this morning , where I was referring to the bleached ends in the conversation she was saying this would snap off I didn't get what she was saying I was baffled too but all is explained now . Jeez I was having a mini heart attack !!

You don't need to whack another brand on i promise all you need is the recommended mixture! /1 does hardly anything.
Hi Cassie
I m just reading back through threads on the dreaded orangey roots from koleston12/11
Could you advise me of the mix you would recommend please
I have used 12/11 for years and always had a gorgeous result as my hair throws a lot of warmth
But about 3 -4 years ago something changes in the tint and left real orangey roots
So I went into bleach and tonner
But I now want to go back to just tiny as I can just pop it on myself and it’s quick and easy
I know I might also have to tone the bleach down also to blend with the hi lift tint
Could you please recommend ?

She's right. If you've all ready used the 12/11 you cannot go over with 12/89, you need to tone!!!

I'm sure that this has already been mentioned to you. You could use illumina or colourtouch- I think on a 9 level would be good. Or 8/81 but watch it and paint on regrowth first before taking it through.
Hi there I noticed you reply to the koleston 12/11 thread and just wondered if you could advise on an alternative to 12/11 as I have had the orangey roots on clients and my self
I used 12/11 for years no problem
But obviously something changed
So I went into using bleach and tonner
But I want to go back to hi lift
I’m a level 7 and warm tones
Thanks
Also and recommendations for timonning the bleach ends would be appreciated
Thanks

Hi Cassie
I m just reading back through threads on the dreaded orangey roots from koleston12/11
Could you advise me of the mix you would recommend please
I have used 12/11 for years and always had a gorgeous result as my hair throws a lot of warmth
But about 3 -4 years ago something changes in the tint and left real orangey roots
So I went into bleach and tonner
But I now want to go back to just tiny as I can just pop it on myself and it’s quick and easy
I know I might also have to tone the bleach down also to blend with the hi lift tint
Could you please recommend ?
I just wanted to say I’m having the same issue! Used 12/11 for years and when they changed their formula I never got the same result, left on for the same time and it’s always orange! I’m still trying to find alternative formulas but none go as nice as that used to! I was thinking bleach and tone as my hair is now very short but for some reason I still prefer tint to bleach? Just easier to put on,
I’ve been hairdressing for nearly 20 years and still can’t get my own colour right lol

I just wanted to say I’m having the same issue! Used 12/11 for years and when they changed their formula I never got the same result, left on for the same time and it’s always orange! I’m still trying to find alternative formulas but none go as nice as that used to! I was thinking bleach and tone as my hair is now very short but for some reason I still prefer tint to bleach? Just easier to put on,
I’ve been hairdressing for nearly 20 years and still can’t get my own colour right lol
Have you guys ever tried mixing in some 12/89 in to the 12/11.
The problem you're having is that 12/11 is a green silver tone, so this subdue warmth and that's all it does... It's a very lazy tone.
If what you're experiencing is brassy tones then adding 12/89 your also a dressing the orange and yellow tones exposed from lifting.

The problem you're having is that 12/11 is a green silver tone, so this subdue warmth and that's all it does... It's a very lazy tone.
If what you're experiencing is brassy tones then adding 12/89 your also a dressing the orange and yellow tones exposed from lifting.
I have done before, but used on its own not mixed with 12/11, still didn’t like it, I’ve since gone for a darker blonde, but still can’t get it right! Last one I did was 9/16 I think, as I’m a base 7, where I have grey I got an awesome colour, just not on my darker roots! I do sometimes tone with CT 7/89, 8/81
Would you do half and half of those colours then?

Yes I have tried this also and still not even breast but more orangey root somebody suggested 12/16 and mix all three or add a mix tone also but am getting confused on the mixing ratios
It used to be so simple and nice result and easy for me to just pop on myself
Pleeese any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Yes I have tried this also and still not even breast but more orangey root somebody suggested 12/16 and mix all three or add a mix tone also but am getting confused on the mixing ratios
It used to be so simple and nice result and easy for me to just pop on myself
Pleeese any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Hmm what level are you naturally? Are you using 40vol and are you leaving it the full 60 mins?

I have done before, but used on its own not mixed with 12/11, still didn’t like it, I’ve since gone for a darker blonde, but still can’t get it right! Last one I did was 9/16 I think, as I’m a base 7, where I have grey I got an awesome colour, just not on my darker roots! I do sometimes tone with CT 7/89, 8/81
Would you do half and half of those colours then?
To be honest my go to was always 12/89 on it's own or mix 12/89 + 12/81.
If you're applying it to a base 7 you'll need to use 12% and leave the full hour for the best lift and tonal quality.
What result are you looking for?

Hmm what level are you naturally? Are you using 40vol and are you leaving it the full 60 mins?
I’m a level 7 and yes I leave it on the full 60 I am gonna go and try it again
What ratio would you recommend and what would you say to put on my mid to ends to tone it in as the hi lift tint are gonna be warmer not as white as the bleach ?? Thankyou for replying

Latest posts

Back