Koleston Me+

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yasquin

Reaction score
I haven’t used Wella but years ago I took a class and always kept koleston in the back of my mind. Has anyone seen any differences between the old KP and the Me+? I saw in an older thread that Me+ might oxidizing quicker but, now that it’s been out for a couple years, has anyone had any issues since the change?

New KP is much easier to mix and much easier to get out of the tube. I feel like application is much smoother as well. My opinion

Main differences I have noticed are,

• Previously the resistant coverage range (eg. 99/0) couldn't be mixed with anything other than mix tones. The new range has better coverage on resistant hair when mixed with other tones.

• If the resistant range (eg. 99/0) is used on hair that isn't resistant then the result will be deeper/darker.

• The new ME+ colours aren't as forgivable as the old technology when it comes to overlapping colour. Expect obvious banding if you end up overlapping your colour. The plus side is you become very neat at applying colour 😉

• I feel like I have to use more colour to get the coverage with the new ME+ colours.

Main differences I have noticed are,

• Previously the resistant coverage range (eg. 99/0) couldn't be mixed with anything other than mix tones. The new range has better coverage on resistant hair when mixed with other tones.

• If the resistant range (eg. 99/0) is used on hair that isn't resistant then the result will be deeper/darker.

• The new ME+ colours aren't as forgivable as the old technology when it comes to overlapping colour. Expect obvious banding if you end up overlapping your colour. The plus side is you become very neat at applying colour 😉

• I feel like I have to use more colour to get the coverage with the new ME+ colours.

Good to know about the overlapping. I’m itching to try it but I wouldn’t want to make that mistake

Latest posts

Back