Koleston on resistant hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I have a client who used to have 4/75, I have got her up to almost a 7/7. It’s still darker in the ends so aiming to bleach bath again. She has white hair naturally and is extremely resistant. ( I have never been completely happy with coverage )
Can anyone give me a recipie for 7/7 using the double base and special mix ??

I have a client who used to have 4/75, I have got her up to almost a 7/7. It’s still darker in the ends so aiming to bleach bath again. She has white hair naturally and is extremely resistant. ( I have never been completely happy with coverage )
I have this written down somewhere I'm sure I'll try find it now! :)

I have this written down somewhere I'm sure I'll try find it now! :)
Thanks ! Do you find the double bases a true colour to the shade chart ? I don’t want her going any darker after struggling to remove the 4/75

Thanks ! Do you find the double bases a true colour to the shade chart ? I don’t want her going any darker after struggling to remove the 4/75
Unless the hair is really resistant white ! Then I do find it tends to be maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a shade darker that the 7/0

Unless the hair is really resistant white ! Then I do find it tends to be maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a shade darker that the 7/0
Also no such luck on finding the formula, but I'm not giving up I will find it haha

Hey I would do 60ml of 77/0 with 1gram 0/66 and 1gram 0/43 to give a brunette tone

Hey I would do 60ml of 77/0 with 1gram 0/66 and 1gram 0/43 to give a brunette tone
She ended up wanting a more copper colour so used 77/0 with 2g 0/33. And 7/3 ct, it’s just not covering well enough, I really packed it in with a stiff tint brush and went back over after 15 min but it’s still not cutting it

She ended up wanting a more copper colour so used 77/0 with 2g 0/33. And 7/3 ct, it’s just not covering well enough, I really packed it in with a stiff tint brush and went back over after 15 min but it’s still not cutting it
Try 7/0 next time, I know it sounds bonkers, but I have a client who's hair will not cover! But I've discovered that 7/0 covers better than 77/0 on her hair

When you go to hit those ends, go lighter. Those are more porous so it will soak up that /7 like its no ones business! I would also just try the 7/0 instead of the intense 77.

When you go to hit those ends, go lighter. Those are more porous so it will soak up that /7 like its no ones business! I would also just try the 7/0 instead of the intense 77.
Hi, I used ct 7/3 on the ends.

Use equal parts single and double base x

Hi Lilly I'm sorry it took so long for me to find it, but I did say I won't give up! I know it's too late now but for future reference it's 30g 77/0 + 3g 0/65 + 1.5g 0/45 +6%

I’ve had a lightbulb moment !! My client has massively resistant hair BUT also uses TRESEMMÉ, does this shampoo ‘really’ make a difference if used before a colour ??

I’ve had a lightbulb moment !! My client has massively resistant hair BUT also uses TRESEMMÉ, does this shampoo ‘really’ make a difference if used before a colour ??
Some say it does, some say it doesn't. I personally have come across issues with lightening hair when clients have been using Tresseme, pantenne, dove and aussie. If my client has been using any of the above, then I use Malibu C products to remove any build up of silicone and metalic salts from the hair, which guarantees colour success.

Latest posts

Back