Koleston Perfect 88/02?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronray

Reaction score
Hi has anyone anyone used KP 88/02 for white coverage?
I'm not sure whether to mix it with 88/0 or just go straight for the 88/02.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi has anyone anyone used KP 88/02 for white coverage?
I'm not sure whether to mix it with 88/0 or just go straight for the 88/02.Any tips would be great

No idea mate but maybe depends on hair texture. Ash is closest to neutral maybe add some base if the hair is coarse.

No idea mate but maybe depends on hair texture. Ash is closest to neutral maybe add some base if the hair is coarse.
It is very coarse, but clients concern is that her hair always looks warm in pictures.

Hi Ronray,
what is the percentage of grey? you are meant to add base from the same range however it might throw you some unwanted warmth. Personally, I would tell the client I will be carrying out a strand test to enable you to reach the perfect target shade. no questions will be asked and you can take it from there. this way the client knows she is in good hands and you end up with the perfect colour she has always wanted.
look forward to hearing how it went. You know your stuff!!!

Hi, thanks for your reply. I can’t do a strand test as this is just a root touch up.
the client has gone lighter over the past year, so we’re just trying to find a base colour that will leave her around a level 8 that doesn’t glow warm like 88/0 does on her.

For anyone looking to try it, I'd definitely recommend the 88/02.
I used it today, 88/0 + 88/02 1:1 ratio
Perfect neutral result.

Latest posts

Back