Koleston Perfect vibrant reds on brown hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_one2284

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm looking for advice on dyeing my own hair (not a hairdresser but dye my hair and friends) I went to Sallys yesterday and the assistant suggested I use 6/5 dark mahogany blonde as I told her I wanted auburn brown/red hair colour. At the minute my hair is a golden medium brown, it always seems to fade to an orange tinge even after using ash dyes, which is why I thought I would be as well embracing the red pigment that I can't seem to get rid of.

What can I expect from this colour? I also got a colour from a friend that she never used which is again koleston perfect in 8/74 light brunette red blonde, should I use that instead or even mix the two, I will be using 20% developer is that ok? Please help I want to dye tonight. Thank you in advance xx

We don't provide colouring advice to non professionals on this forum as its against the rules.

Also, I'd be very wary of taking advice from a shop assistant as they may not be fully trained in hairdressing. I overheard one tell a customer that she could add 40vol to a direct dye to make it permanent! :eek:

We don't provide colouring advice to non professionals on this forum as its against the rules.

Also, I'd be very wary of taking advice from a shop assistant as they may not be fully trained in hairdressing. I overheard one tell a customer that she could add 40vol to a direct dye to make it permanent! :eek:

Ah I did wonder that, I'll look for another forum, thank you

Latest posts

Back