Kolestone colour touch advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neater

Reaction score
Hi all, any advice would be appreciated thanks. The client below has 90% white top/sides. 50% the rest. For a while have been doing roots KP 8 and 9 with 6%. Its hard to match exactly to the mid/ends so always seem to get banding. She decided she wanted all over 8/73. So over the course have tried everything. CTouch 8/73 & 1.9%. And with 4%. KP 8/73 & welloxon even 8/73 and 3%. Have applied porosity spray, she uses colour save shampoo and bought a hat! But ever time after about 4 weeks it fades. She has strong shoulder length hair and the top section fades the most. Im now at a loss! She's asked me where we go from here! Any ideas? Thanks. Darker photo is after colour. Lighter one is 4 weeks later

Attachments

• Resized_20220709_145509.jpg
    Resized_20220709_145509.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20220905_164906.jpg
    Resized_20220905_164906.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
It's because she's so white naturally. I'd use 99/0 + 88/0+ 8/73 + 6%

Thanks, the roots seem to take ok, its the rest of the hair that fades quickly, her her is really strong. I was thinking of trying color touch 8/73 and dash of 7/73 with the 4% developer. Would the 4% be ok? Also is there any product she could use at home that is pigmented like a shampoo or similar to crazy colour but nearest to 8/73? I wish they would do at home shampoo's to match the KP colours.

Thanks, the roots seem to take ok, its the rest of the hair that fades quickly, her her is really strong. I was thinking of trying color touch 8/73 and dash of 7/73 with the 4% developer. Would the 4% be ok? Also is there any product she could use at home that is pigmented like a shampoo or similar to crazy colour but nearest to 8/73? I wish they would do at home shampoo's to match the KP colours.
Wella have shampoos and conditioners that are tinted. There cool blonde, warm blonde, cool Brunnette, warm Brunnette and then there's red ones too.
The roots cover , but as the coloir frowns down and ages it fades, that's because of the lack of pigment underneath the initial root coverage.
Use the 8/73 but add in some 8/0 too. This will help with saturation 4% in this case would be ideal, because you need the colour to penetrate.

Thank you so much. How much 8/0 would you add in to 1 60ml tube of 8/73?

Thank you so much. How much 8/0 would you add in to 1 60ml tube of 8/73?
I'd probably go with 25g . Would you need that amount of colour?

Yes, what I was thinking was, that I would try to match the roots with the ends as it is KP 88/0 6%. Shampoo off then apply CT 8/73 & 8/0. Because as her hair fades if I add KP 8/73 into the roots 88/0 and the mid/ends fade I may banding where the warmth of the root has grown down. Im not sure how else to approach it really

Do you think I need to pre pig lengths and ends with gold. Then add the CT? Dont want the end result too gold though so would I need more 8/0 than 8/73

Don't pre pig if you want a flatter result. If you're using CT you only need 1.9% not 4%

Latest posts

Back