Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are loads of geometric images - MoYou have a good selection e.g.

heartnat: Saran Wrap Smush & Triangles with MoYou London Pro 02 XL

Also, Messey Mansion have really good quality plates - their own MM series, with larger than average size images - I love their chevron plate

http://www.messymansion.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/MM12_banner.jpg

Or how about

http://thenailpolishproject.com/?p=4699

Manic Talons: A Perfect Pair: Girly Bits Nail Lacquer and Gel Polish

They are based in Auz - but their shipping is really quick.

Puneen are also worth looking at.

Great thankyou x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya geeks! I LOVE stamping but I just wanted to ask a few questions as I feel I could improve.
Your stamping images look so clear and vivid! I use all different polishes to stamp but none come out that bright and not clear and even? I clean the stamp and plate with acetone after each nail? What am I doing wrong? Also I've noticed on the moyou plates that the have really big images? What's the purpose of this as I don't know how that would fit on the nail?

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would somebody mind answering these questions for me???

I'm by no means a stamping expert but will try my best.
First of all, which polish are you using for stamping? Polishes created for stamping (like Konad) and highly pigmented polishes work the best. Generally anything that covers in one coat and isn't a speed dry should work but there is a bit of trial and error involved. Also make sure you work fast so that the polish doesn't dry on the plate before you stamp the image (only a couple of seconds between painting, scraping and stamping).

If you mean the full image designs by MoYou I think you're just meant to paint a small section of the design and stamp that. It is not meant for your whole nail but more to create a story across each nail.

HTH xx

Oh lovely thank you for that!

Owww where do you buy these from! Or the original konad website lol

Like Nail Karma today

Aww god more stuff I wanna buy after seeing everyone's lovely nail pics - bloody expensive being a nail tech ;) x x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I really tried to in post 1939! - maybe I won't bother spending loads of time trying to find links to help people out - if all they do is ignore you:sad::sad::sad:

Thank you Greenflower you appreciated my efforts

I just found your post and it was really helpful with the video links, so thank you i wondered how the large picture plates were used x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I really tried to in post 1939! - maybe I won't bother spending loads of time trying to find links to help people out - if all they do is ignore you:sad::sad::sad:

I'm really sorry you felt I ignored your post. I was on salon geek app and it hadn't refreshed the thread to see your last post. Sorry .

I did look but was so many pages! Sorry I never meant to upset but now I will go back to the pages you have said!
So exciting big thanks

Like Nail Karma today

I have just discovered the wonders of stamping :o Thanks to all you lovely ladies im going to be broke by tomorrow ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401257882.362308.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401257909.864960.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401257949.428531.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401257976.910613.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401257999.316738.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401258047.017201.jpg
My ladies love stamping! I pretty much stamp every day :)
Http://www.facebook.com/AngelishNailsSwindon

I brought some konad polish & stamps etc but I just can't get it on the nail (it doesn't leave the stamp or doesn't pick up on the stamp). What am I doing wrong?

I brought some konad polish & stamps etc but I just can't get it on the nail (it doesn't leave the stamp or doesn't pick up on the stamp). What am I doing wrong?

Ok need to remove the rubber stamp, massage it fit about 5 mins in your hand to soften it up and then you need to give it a good old buff!!
You need to work quickly - do shake polish, apply to plate, scrap quickly and stamp quickly. Practise on your own nails as it works well over cured polish so then you just wipe it off.... :)

Also if you are trying to stamp over gel polish or Shellac, topcoat as normal, cure, remove tacky layer, stamp, topcoat, cure - done ;)

Love your stamping Angie! Do you have a favourite brand of stamping polishes? You seem to have a good variety of colours, I only really have Konad black and white and Barry m foil effects which are my successful stamping shades and I'm looking to purchase a few more so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks xx

Take a file & give your rubber stamp a jolly good file/buff all over it. (Once done you'll not need to repeat this step). Once wiped clean, ensure the film has been removed from the plates. When you are sure thats done apply polish to the plate, quickly wipe with the blade & stamp & then stamp image upon the nail...

If the image hasn't picked up, how thick is your polish? If the Konad Polish is quite runny wait 2 seconds before stamp picking image up. If its drying too quick, then you need to work quicker... As a note SOME Konad plates are prone to not having the image good enough to pick up..

Last edited:
Love your stamping Angie! Do you have a favourite brand of stamping polishes? You seem to have a good variety of colours, I only really have Konad black and white and Barry m foil effects which are my successful stamping shades and I'm looking to purchase a few more so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks xx

Thank you :) quite a few polishes work well but I personally like Konad for black and white, Barry M for silver and gold and Vinylux for colour :)

Latest posts

Back