Konad kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
I'm going to invest in konad and after going on the website I have no idea what I'll need :) could anyone just tell me what I need to start off and which stampers etc, thanks geeks

You can get the little start up kits with 3 colours of paint stamper scraper and 1 plate xxx

Thanks for the replies. Could anyone tell me what the difference between the stampers are because on konad.co.uk there seems to be a few and it doesn't say what the difference is.

Thanks for the replies. Could anyone tell me what the difference between the stampers are because on konad.co.uk there seems to be a few and it doesn't say what the difference is.

Double ended, large and small.
I have a double ended with a large end and a small end. I use the small end for the single stamps like butterflies and hearts and the large end for the pattens that cover the whole nail.

Thanks everyone thats really helpful, now I just have to choose which plates to order :) this could get expensive!

Thanks everyone thats really helpful, now I just have to choose which plates to order :) this could get expensive!

Amazon do a pack of plates that are very popular, if you go to the group icon at the top of the page you will find a konad lovers group, with the most popular plates listed and photo's of everyone's work.

I'm on the app so I don't think I can get onto the groups :(

Also I just looked on amazon and I was wondering what the bundle monster plates are. Are they actual konad plates or copy ones?

Also I just looked on amazon and I was wondering what the bundle monster plates are. Are they actual konad plates or copy ones?
I don't know, I think they are a different make, but they are very good.:)

Will definitely give those a try then because they are a lot cheaper!

Bundle Monster plates are very close in comparison to Konad. They are much cheaper, and of really good quality. However, you may find that one or two of the images don't quite stamp perfectly. I have a selection of both Konad and BM plates and I use them both as much as each other. For the price you pay for BM, you can't really go wrong, however, if you are after 100% accuracy every single time you stamp, I would go for Konad. Definitly worth a try, tho IMO! Hth. :) xx

Bry T one of the other geeks mentioned the konad lovers group :) I have already had a read of the thread x

Everybody has had great advice! Once you are at home on your computer do join the Konad group as all the questions you are asking are answered there...

Here is my list of konad bear essentials:

1) Konad double ended stamper - Don't faff around with other stampers, just get the konad double stamper, it will make your life easier.

2) I always suggest getting konad special polish in black and white. Once you start stamping and get the hand of it then you can look into other polishes and colors. Don't do what I did and buy many Konad SP before I knew what I was doing, I have around 5 colors that I have NEVER used. While I have had to re-buy konad SP in white and black as I finished my first ones :eek:

3) Gift card or plastic scraper - Don't get the Konad metal scraper you will scratch up all your plates.

4) Plates - Konad, Bundle Monster, Cheeky, MoYo, SdP Large, DRK, Fauxnad, RedAngel there are so many diferent plate makers out there. Read about them on the web, inform your self and then try and choose. Justnailart put it perfectly. Bundle Monser plates are great but they are not all perfect and a few designs out of the 25 plate set will probably not stamp.

5) Cue-tips - I go though 1000s of these

And really that is all you need.

I also use an acetone dispenser, that has a pump and a little well at the top where the acetone collects so that I can use it. I find it super but you don't really need it.

Good luck and watch out of the addiction :wink2:

1) Konad double ended stamper - Don't faff around with other stampers, just get the konad double stamper, it will make your life easier.

Another stamper tip: the clear Konad stampers are great because you can stamp with any colour you want & still see what you are doing. The normal stampers are pink so stamping with pink or red polish can be tricky. If that makes sense!! :confused: xx

Picchi that is really helpful,thank you for taking the time to type out a list :) I have no computer at the moment so as soon as I do I will definitely join the konad lovers group! Once again thanks to everyone for all the help and advice :)

Just marking for later :) I too am looking into getting konad. Some great advice xxx

Hi there, Im looking into getting konad. I am really into gel polish and rockstars at the minute, do you just add the design after you wipe the topcoat? if i put it over gel polish, will it last as long as the gel polish or is this really only for use over nail polish?

Latest posts

Back