Konad Nail Art Stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennijar

Reaction score
Do any of you use this system, I was just wondering as I was sat watching QVC yesterday (yes I know very sad) when a lady was on demonstrating their products of course it was nail related so my eyes came out on stalks to watch. It did look quite good but I was wondering do any of you use this system professionally as I knew nothing about it. If you do does it work over Gel nails or just on natural.

See I am confessing to being a QVC addict, well what else is there to do when you are sat at home doggie nursing especially when she is sat on your knee which makes it difficult to get the control to change channels. Well that is my excuse and I will stick to it.

Seriously though I would love to hear your thoughts on these products.

Joan

Do any of you use this system, I was just wondering as I was sat watching QVC yesterday (yes I know very sad) when a lady was on demonstrating their products of course it was nail related so my eyes came out on stalks to watch. It did look quite good but I was wondering do any of you use this system professionally as I knew nothing about it. If you do does it work over Gel nails or just on natural.

See I am confessing to being a QVC addict, well what else is there to do when you are sat at home doggie nursing especially when she is sat on your knee which makes it difficult to get the control to change channels. Well that is my excuse and I will stick to it.

Joan

Nothing wrong with QVc. They have some great beauty products. I saw this as well and was tempted to buy it. They used to do some great nail art kits on there from special fx but they havnt had any on for ages.

Nothing wrong with QVc. They have some great beauty products. I saw this as well and was tempted to buy it. They used to do some great nail art kits on there from special fx but they havnt had any on for ages.

Yep I used to buy loads of the Special FX products as well they were really good, but I have not seen them on now for over 12 months, perhaps they are doing these Konad products instead.

Joan

I bought a kit at the last show and i think it's quite good. Its really easy to use, and I used it over my biosculpture gel overlays and it lasted really well. You can only use their special polish though. If you wait until the shows to buy it is on offer.Obviously its nowhere near as good as real nail art but its a quick substitute.:lol:

I bought a kit at the last show and i think it's quite good. Its really easy to use, and I used it over my biosculpture gel overlays and it lasted really well. You can only use their special polish though. If you wait until the shows to buy it is on offer.Obviously its nowhere near as good as real nail art but its a quick substitute.:lol:

So did you use a top coat of gel or did you have to use their own sealer over the top, I must have missed them at the Mcr shows if I get there this year I will keep my eyes open for them.

Joan

So did you use a top coat of gel or did you have to use their own sealer over the top, I must have missed them at the Mcr shows if I get there this year I will keep my eyes open for them.

Joan

I have used this kit a few times. Mainly for little girls. You have to use their special top coat to seal the design. You have to give the design plenty of time to dry as the top coat smudges the design if you're not careful. Try a small kit first then go from there, I'm sure they will be at the show in lOndon.

Good luck

I have a kit and I use it quite often.After finish filing I apply design and seal with gel top coat.No smudging and design lasts for 4 weeks.Sometimes I put small gem stone to dress it up.

I got a small kit at Earls court,it's not bad,I use it over l&p,as with anything its hard to do on my opposite hand! But as said before it's fairly quick and easy.I don't have the special top coat so just make sure print is dry before applying one coat of "super shiney",you have to apply top coat carefully as it can smudge print if you over apply.I also apply a small gem if for example I have a flower design I put a gem in the middle,I have had plenty of people comment on my nails when wearing Konad prints!!! hth xx

i ve just bought the big case with all the polishes and patterns
it s really nice
i still like freehand nailart
but for people that likes a little things not to glashy just to make a french more special it s perfect
i ve tried it on me over some acrylic
and i have put some uv top coat upon it
it looks nice a bit like airbrush

Joan

Bit off topic hun, but how is your little doggie now?

Rachel xxx

Lana

How long do you have to wait before you can put the gloss top on. Where i took my training, the instructor had one and let us play around with it but we seemed to have trouble with the paint/polish smearing or streaking and it seemed to take forever to dry. We were using the polish that came with the kit.

I' d like to pick one up to have another play.

Lana

How long do you have to wait before you can put the gloss top on. Where i took my training, the instructor had one and let us play around with it but we seemed to have trouble with the paint/polish smearing or streaking and it seemed to take forever to dry. We were using the polish that came with the kit.

If you do a search on Konad, you will find quite a few threads regarding this.

The majority of the people have problems with the pattern drying and top coat and to be honest, the reviews have been very negative.

Marlise

Bit off topic hun, but how is your little doggie now?

Rachel xxx

High Guys, sorry I have not been posting much lately, I have just had so much to do. In answer to your question Rachel, Meggie is still taking the tablets though she is more discerning now as to what she will take them in, we are now onto cooked meat grrrh but they are going down and her condition hasn't worsened it won't improve but if we can stabilise it that is a blessing.

Joan

Lana

I apply my top gloss as soon as I am finished . I never had problems with polish smearing.If you use polish top coat you will have problems.

Latest posts

Back