Konad Stamping with gels??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zringa

Reaction score
Hi, I ve been thinking of buying a konad stamping kit, but I m not sure about it. Do you think its professionsl? Since they promote it and everyone can buy it and use it at home.
And do you think it can be used with colour gels and not just with their polishes. after all its just stamping, i don't know why it has to be their polish. What you think?:rolleyes:

I bought Konad last year and love it, just because they sell it to joe public selling it as "easy enough to do yourself at home" doesnt mean that nail professionals cant use it. It saves so much time with intricate nail art. PLUS if you dont have a steady enough hand or just lack of imagination why not take advangtage of Konad. Its all there for you!!!
I only use their polishes because they are different to a normal nail varnish.

I love it and think they look great.

Hope this helps.
Gem xx

where can i get ones of these from
lots of people have mentioned them

hi!
we use konad stamping kit in the salon i work in and it is extremely popular:lol:. works well on acrylic, gel and natural nails. very easy to use but good results!!xxx

hi most of my nail art is with the stamping kit I got mine from ebay i do use nail art polish but i must say that when i had some of the polish that is ment to be use for this it was alot better and made it easier to use but the polish is expensive but gives better results.

I just have to add that I have recently purchased a small kit and I must admit im very pleased with the results, Ive already a bride who is interested in a design for her wedding, yes you can create stunning freehand designs but for ease id recommend this kit.

Sue :)

i got the french kit 2 begin with and wasnt 2 impressd, qwite tricky 2 use... but 4 nail art find it gr8. it doesnt work as well with normal varnish tho, ther varnish seems 2 b thicker so better printing.

i got the french kit 2 begin with and wasnt 2 impressd, qwite tricky 2 use... but 4 nail art find it gr8. it doesnt work as well with normal varnish tho, ther varnish seems 2 b thicker so better printing.

I agree with that about the french ones.
I got one of the bigger kits and have quite a few of the image plates, i have tried and tried with the french tips but just havent had any joy with them.
But the other intricate designs are effective.
You definately have to use their varnish. Its what its designed for.

I bought the kit some time ago and found it fiddly but whilst on holiday in Florida came across a Konad stall in the Florida mall and the girl showed me how to do it and told me some tricks to make it easier and then I did it myself there and then. I got my kit out when I got home and after following her guidelines find it incredibly easy and so effective. I have just sent off for the double ended stamper and the image plate holder to make life easier but I would certainly recommend it. The patterns show up much better on a flat colour varnish rather than a sparkly or shimmery one but the possibilities are endless and it is so much fun!:)

I also have one for quick nail art, its really good although I do find it a little messy to use the only other thing I will say is if you are using it on natural nails where you will need a top coat buy Konad one as I found the design bleeds when using any other I tried several top coats (for natural nails) & methods and always encountered bleeding. It does work well on enhancements with a UV top coat no problem. Very useful kit though as you have a basic design that is pretty enough on its own or layered you can also add gems & glitter to make it bling a bit more.

I brought the Gold kit at BeautyUk and love it. I would agree that you should use their varnishes for the stamping and their top coat to prevent the print bleeding. You definetley get better with practice.

Has anyone seen the machine kit that stamps like konad. I looked at it again and it seem that it would take longer and limit how you could design. Has anyone try it. I'll try to look it up again if anyones intersted and tell you where I found it.

I defenitly don´t think that it is unproffessional or else we should ban nail stickers etc.. aswell.
Customers often don´t want to pay for custom nail art but want to have neatly, detailed nail art. I think it looks pretty good and have been thinking about it myself to buy it for use in the salon. Ofcourse you can always think that your customer could buy a kit aswell and do this at home but not many would invest that amount of money nor the time to do this on themselves. For them the finished result counts and not the way how you accomplised it. It´s the same principle as poppits in my opinion. you can give them the option of customized nail art or a faster alternative with a nice finish.

I just ordered mine. I saw some images and just loved them:). Here is the link, just go backwards where the arrow is in the left corner:hug:
värviline geel+templid (tempel plaadilt m50) | Album.ee

I think they will not work with gels, they dont have enough pigment in them. But have not tried myself...

I just got mine and i think it is a really cool thing to have to do some quick sharp and detailed nail art. I just used it today on myself and i am amazed that it is so easy and so detailed. i haven´t tried it with gels but i have with other polishes like creatives and some of those work better then others. the polish needs to be opaque and highly pigmented and then it seems to work fine. i used a silver cnd polish that was very cool in effect

I think this konad stamping kit will never replace traditional nail art but i think it could be usefull when you have a time crunch. I bet you can do cool stuff with it aswell...
I think i will go experimenting on my customers and let you see the result weither it is good or bad ;) I could imagine it would look cool on a stilleto or edge nail with a nicely shaded background...

Konad products are simply amazing, I love them! There are so many different image plates available with designs that would be really difficult to achieve by hand painting.

But make sure you use only genuine Konad products & special polishes as they really make a difference. They are thicker with a higher viscosity with more vibrant colours than regular nail polishes.

Also - be aware that there are many counterfeit, fake products & copies floating the market - don't buy them! Quality is dreadful, you'll just waste your time & money. I have written an article on how to spot fake Konad products - you can read it HERE.

i agree about customers being able to buy these themselves yet probably not wanting to pay out for what they cost and do it themselves...

after all you could argue that they can get themselves a manicure kit or a nail file, it doesnt stop them coming to the professionals

i cant wait to get my konad kit and ebay is :lol: the place to go for it

X

I can't comment how Konad works with Gels because I only use L&P right now...

but do use it with the Konad special polishes....like has been said they are thicker to use with the plate and stamper.
They ( the special polishes ) cannot be used to cover the whole nail as it won't dry....and use the Konad top coat...or at least experiment first before you use a different brand of top coat on a paying client.
I tried using CND Super Shiney and it just smudged the pattern....but some other brands might work...( for ease I just use the Konad products ).

Although Joe Public can buy this product.....I don't personally think it means it can't be used professionally.
Plus it takes some practice to get it right :lol:
Joe Public might have given up on it before they got it to work for them.....or it could just be me who had to do it a zillion times before I got any form of a print onto my nail!!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back