L’Oréal dialight toner beginner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bella001

Reaction score
Hi, I’m a very new beginner trying to learn and develop skills. I get a little worried when toner is developing. Can anyone share key basic skills of toning application and colour selection. Any skills/techniques gained over the years.

I’ve been experimenting with L’Oréal dialight for use on blonde hair. I most often use 10.12 and 10.21 (I’ve never mixed them).

Some tips on the following would be great..
- Developer strength
- How to balance a warmer root area and cooler ends and still achieve an overall ashy finish.
- How to reduce the risk of over toning.

For dialight use with either 6 or 9 vol dia -activater, depending on how sensitised the hair is.
To balance warmth pop it on those parts first so it’s on longer. Then just refresh the ends. However if the client has been using purple shampoo at home you may need to correct that and make sure the hair is a level 10 if using the 10’s.
Add clear to the toner to avoid over toning.
just shout for any More info :)

Thanks, I’ve been using a 9 volume but maybe I should experiment with a 6 vol. I have also started applying to the warmer areas first and ends last. Great tip with the clear toner. I appreciate this

You say you are a very new beginner so are you still training because you can ask your tutor to explain about toning in more detail.

If the hair has a warm root and previously lightened ends, depending on the amount of difference between the two areas, you might need to use different toner mixes. For instance, you wouldn’t use a blue based toner on very light ends if they’re not brassy.

Latest posts

Back