L’Oréal formulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurenmoss98

Reaction score
Hi,
I work with L’Oréal colours and was just wondering if anyone had any good formulas they go to for root drags and root smudges, all the formulas I’ve found are redken etc.
Also if you were to do a root smudge do you tend to go for a flat base or would you go for something with say .01 in there depending on clients natural base?
thank you

The best product to use for root shadows if dialight, as you will not change the natural base and cause any issues with the regrowth.

In terms of shades, I usually use the base shades on their own as lots of clients like cooler results, and you always want the roots to be a little cooler anyway. I use bases 6, 7 & 8. The exception is if the client is looking for a overall warm result, in that case I mix the base with 1/4 gold or gold beige.

If the client wants a high-contrast look I use the same base as their natural. If they want a softer blend I use a base one level lighter than their natural colour.

hth

I should add this is for after highlighting on balayaging. If you were trying to change the natural colour, then you would need to use diarichesse.

The best product to use for root shadows if dialight, as you will not change the natural base and cause any issues with the regrowth.

In terms of shades, I usually use the base shades on their own as lots of clients like cooler results, and you always want the roots to be a little cooler anyway. I use bases 6, 7 & 8. The exception is if the client is looking for a overall warm result, in that case I mix the base with 1/4 gold or gold beige.

If the client wants a high-contrast look I use the same base as their natural. If they want a softer blend I use a base one level lighter than their natural colour.

hth
Amazing thank you so much!

Yep I 2nd dialight once you don’t want to disturb the base.
check out MikedeCanter on insta he’s super helpful with formulas on his posts.

Latest posts

Back