L’Oreal Majirel not covering grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luissa778

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had advice on covering grey hair please. I have tried 6% 20 volume with majirel but it has not been covering well at all. I have been using 6.0. Thanks

I will do thanks, would the problem lie in the strength of peroxide I have used? Would 9 be better?

Are you a qualified hairdresser? It doesn’t say so on your profile.
What level are you trying to cover and percentage of grey?

Are you a qualified hairdresser? It doesn’t say so on your profile.
What level are you trying to cover and percentage of grey?

Hi, I am so sorry, I did not realise this website was for professionals only. I thought anyone could come on here for advice, I only made the profile quickly last night to ask this question. The reason I came on here for advice is not to save money or because I can't afford the cost of going to a professional hairdresser, I have the money to do that easily. I am just so embarrassed to go to a professional because I have grey hair and I am only 25. That's why I was trying to cover the grey myself at home but the majirel just isn't working well at all.

Lots of people have some percentage of grey hair in their 20’s, so it’s really not that unusual and is usually linked to your genetics. Maybe you had a parent or grandparent who went grey when they were quite young?

Please don’t feel embarrassed about it and go and talk to your hairdresser as they will be best placed to advise you of your options, depending on how much grey you have and whether you want to cover it completely or blend it in with blonde highlights, for instance. Most of our clients have some amount of grey hair, so no-one will be judging you.

Also, some hairdressers are better at cutting than colouring, so I recommend you visit a few salons and ask for an initial consultation to see what they recommend. Don’t choose according to price, fancy salon interior or snazzy website. Talk to the person who will be doing your hair and hopefully, you will find someone that feels like a good fit for you, listens to your concerns, offers different options and doesn’t rush you.

Good luck.

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and sorry my reply is so late.
You're right, in my case I believe it is genetic as my father went grey quite young and I know i shouldn't be embarrassed as lots of people get grey hair, it's just a really big insecurity of mine.
I will maybe look into a mobile hairdresser as having it done at home would probably make me feel alot more comfortable.
My hair is naturally very dark-almost black, meaning that any grey regrowth is very noticeable, my grey also comes through very quickly, so it would have been ideal for me to be able to touch up any obvious parts at home myself between appointments as it's just not convenient or practical for me to go to a salon to get my roots done every second week.
Since my natural hair colour is already so dark, it seems like any colour I put on top of it takes it to a harsh and unnatural fake black colour which I hate so I had my hair stripped to a dark brown at my local college months ago and I only ever dyed it with majirel 6.0 which is obviously alot lighter than my natural colour, this was to avoid making my natural hair colour any darker. After inspecting my hair closer last night, it seems that the dye did actually take to the grey hairs, the problem is that they are far lighter than my natural hair, so they still look grey. They are in fact a dark blonde colour.

Latest posts

Back