l&p at the cuticle edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat2004

Reaction score
I can't seem to come to a happy medium when it comes to applying the acrylic to zone 3....i've tried to take in what Geeg said about not letting the zone 2 bead go more than half way up the natural nail, then placing the zone 3 bead on the edge of that one and nudging it up slightly to leave a slight gap at the cuticle .......
But how thin / thick should it be at the actual cuticle edge? If i do it too thin ie like paper thin, i end up filing it away when i tidy the nail up, or i do it too thick and am left with a ridge!!
Can anyone give me any tips on getting this right please?

Thanx, Kate x

It would do you the world of good to be shown how to do this by perhaps your trainer?

The product should be thin and even but obviously not too thin.

When you finish off the nail, you should be able to bevel the product out into the natural nail so there should be no ridge visible while the nail is growing.

Doing this succesfully requires the correct angle of the abrasive and a gentle touch. I always then finish with a 3 way buffer to make sure itis impossible to see any difference between the natural nail and the product in zone 3 ... I never get product lifting and as well as thorough prep, I know that the right amount of product here in zone 3 has allot to do with it as well.

On my course, she made it look so easy ..... and if i got it wrong, she would 'finish' the nail off for me!! i manage the c-curve, and i can manage a not-too-bad smile line..it's just the bit at the cuticle edge....i keep my file at the correct angle when i blend it in, but i get nervous that i'm gonna file thru to the natural nail!!

It takes allot to file thru to the natural nail unless you have applied the mix like water. There is no need to be too timid in this area. If you did blend through the product, you would know immediately because you could see the natural nail and you would not do another stroke! Right?

Trainers do make it look easy (that is why they are trainers) and one of the problems is that students watch the nail instead of how the trainer is doing the job i.e. (the angle of the brush, the amount of product, the technique of application). Maybe the Winning Nails video would be good idea for you so you can watch again and again HOW to do it rather than what is being produced.

Other than that, I thin a 121 on just zone 3 application would be good for you.

thanks for your advice Geeg.I'll have a word with my trainer about a bit of one-to-one. i think you're right about me being too 'timid' !!luv Kate x

I am so happy this thread has come up. I have the same problem. I tend to build way to thin at back, think I hate filing this area because I am timmid about hitting the cutical. Help I need that video bad. Can you tell me where I might get it. I live in the U.S. any place around here? Thanks so much for this post.
Suzanne

i would also like to know where i can get this vid? although i do have the essential nails one, is it similar to this?

The video is available from Creative Nail Designand features Tom Bacik, the Nail Geek, Patti Blanussa, Ketan Patel, and Barbara Griggs .... some of the all time greats. No it is not like the Essential Nails video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back