L&P Backfill questions..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veggie

Reaction score
Ok, I did a L&P backfill today for a client today and was really unhappy with how it turned out. I could see kind of a "ghost" line underneath the white where the previous white line started on most of the nails. It may have been because she had gotten her set somewhere else and the white color she had on looked much brighter than what I used. Also, it took me longer than it does for a full set, because of all the filing I had to do beforehand which took forever.

Hi Veggie. I have a question for you, do you use an e-file? I find that using an e-file is much easier to rebalance than using only a hand file. In the beginning when I started doing nails I was scared to use an e-file but now I don't know how I would manage without it. Of course there is a correct way to use an e-file and I think that it would cut on your time and you can remove if not all than most of the other product that your client had from somewhere else. Did you offer to remove her set and give her a new set? What I usually do when someone comes in with nails from somewhere else and they want fills is that I let them know that my product could be different from the product that they have on so there might be a difference in how they look. If they don't mind then I go ahead with their fills but try to convince them to remove them next time and I'll do them a new set. I also let them know that I won't charge to remove them if they get a new set that same day.

Nidia

Hi Nidia

Sorry to be ignorant, but can you explain what an e-file is? I have the same problem as veggie.

Heather
Mobile Nails

I never go over someone else's work...my rule is "soak off" and start again!

P.S I'd like to know what an E File is too..lol

An E-file is an Electric file..i think!

Yes, an e-file is an electric file.

Nidia

I get this problem too...or at least i did unitil i found this site.. the problem is not filing away enough of the old pink which is what is causing the shadow.

I'm sure there is a tutorial on backfills and if you do a search under 'backfills' you'll get loads of advice on how to eliminate this problem.

I only use hand files in all my work.

Hope this helps.

Take it easy.

nails@42ndstreet said:
I get this problem too...or at least i did unitil i found this site.. the problem is not filing away enough of the old pink which is what is causing the shadow.

I'm sure there is a tutorial on backfills and if you do a search under 'backfills' you'll get loads of advice on how to eliminate this problem.

I only use hand files in all my work.

Hope this helps.

Take it easy.
Thanks. I was wondering if I didn't file off enough of the old product, but it was taking me so long as it was. How do you manage to do it in under three hours? I was using a 100 file. Should I have been using a heavier grit?

I occasionally hav the problem ov my white ratio being a little too wet on the rebalance(don't know why). This maybe could be causing that ghost effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back