L&P curing too quick!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile Nails

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing their L&P curing too quickly for them as the weather is turning warmer. I am recently creative trained and found that the curing time was slightly quicker than my old L&P (Star Nails).

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I work from my conservatory but keep all my products in a cool area of my house.

Yesterday I did an infill and hardly had time to finish the nail before it hardened.

Any help would be great.

Heather
Mobile Nails

XX

Hi Heather, if you try working slightly wetter with your ratio and this should help - the heat causes the monomer to evaporate quicker.

Hope this helps.

Try moving yr lamp a little further away from the nail you r working on too as this can often aid the bead drying.

Hiya

Which monomer are you working with? ret+ or radical?

One other point to take into consideration is this:

Many (when its too hot or too cold) turn on heaters, air conditioners, or open windows.
This creates a lot of air movement that can cause rapid evaporation of your monomer, levaing your bead drier than normal.

You can try working slightly wetter, but dont go overkill ;)

I was recently advised to keep your monomer in a cool bag or stand it on one of those freezer pack things in warmer weather to prevent it getting too warm and evaporating too quickly.

Thanks everyone for your very helpful replies. I did a set yesterday working a little wetter and this proved to be a lot easier. Thanks again.

Tracy, I work with retention+.

Kind regards

Heather XX

nails@42ndstreet said:
I was recently advised to keep your monomer in a cool bag or stand it on one of those freezer pack things in warmer weather to prevent it getting too warm and evaporating too quickly.

Strange ... I live in Spain, and have never had to do anythng like keeping my monomer in a cool bag! Just out of direct heat in a cupboard I'm sure would suffice. Never had a problem with evaporation.

oh well never mind, can't say I've ever done it myself it's just what we were told on a CND course unless I misunderstood!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back