L&P, Fabric, Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather111

Reaction score
I was told the other day that L&P is the easiest Nail System. Is this true? For all you Geeks that do L&P. Fabric and Gel can you please tell me which you think is the easiest/quickest and the most popular with your clients.

Hi Heather, i was originally only trained in the gel system which i personally found very easy to do, ive since trained with the L&P system and am having a few problems with that but i guess thats normal when you learn a new system but i find gel much easier than L&P, however i had a practice at our last meeting on the Extreme Powder Glaze and absolutely loved it, i guess its just on your own personal preference but mine is Gel and Extreme Powder Glaze, unable to comment on Fibreglass as havent learnt that (yet lol!) but i know Carole Lindsay loves Fibreglass anyway just my opinion, im sure others may differ x

Hi Heather

Mine would be L&P - purely because this and Brisa Gel are the only courses i have done, Gel is a completely different ball game for me as the consistency is so different from l&P. Im sure if Id done gel before l&p i would probably side with Gel and comment that l&p is a totally different consistency and way of mastering ! lol, Ive just had more practice too with l&p though hopefully will soon be in the postion of saying i get on really well with both ! and then all three !
As for clients preference, I think so far there is more awareness of l&p here and people automatically ask for acrylic unless they have worn gel or fibreglass before, i also think there is not enough understanding of the three systems - id include myself here to a certain extent too !! i certainly need to know more and want to know more so that in time i will better placed to offer advice as to which system is best for each and every client.

Hope this helps - my opinion hun, and i know i waffle a bit !

kx
Heather111 said:
I was told the other day that L&P is the easiest Nail System. Is this true? For all you Geeks that do L&P. Fabric and Gel can you please tell me which you think is the easiest/quickest and the most popular with your clients.

I personally would say L&P was the hardest to master but once you've got that under your belt the gel and fibreglass follow on!!

I have to say i agree with Carole, its different for everybody i suppose but even from the beginning i've always found L&P hard to master. I enjoy doing it now but have had to make myself practise it to get what i call good results with it. I was always told if you can master L&P you can master anything.

I have to say i've since been taught Fibreglass and love it and find it very easy to do, where as i know others find it fiddely. As for Gel i tried a while back and hated it, but since getting better at L&P i've found Gel a little easier, so it really depends on what you prefer.

I would get sample kits of various products then see how you get on.

Silly question maybe but.....can I use any system on any client??

You have to take into consideration what the clients nails are like that you are going to enhance. Nailbiters would be best to have tips and overlay, but you could use Gel, L&P or fibreglass.

Every client needs to be judged on their own merits as some clients have oily nail beds but you can't always tell which ones and i've found fibreglass works better here, but each one is different. But you can, most of the time, use all systems on all people, but you will find some systems work better for them than others. There are no real set rules here.

IMO

Heather111 said:
L&P is the hardest to master................ ratio, application technique, zone building aso...........but saying that every system has it's very own Technique and skill and difficulties............

When you can do fab L&P nails you can know, how a brill nail should look like and is structured...........You then take all this knowledge and apply the Theory to the other 2 systems...............

Me being a back to front girl learned the Fibreglass system 13 years ago, this was when sticky backed Fibreglass and Silk was not always an option and I to learn to cut shapes to fit the nail from a sheet of non sticky backed stuff and had to learn how to apply, secure and twist..........Now thats taking me back a bit.........anyway back to modern days lol........

I learned Gels just after this and thought I was the mutts nutts in nails.......... afterall I could do 2 systems............
Was I going to do L&P no way babe, why should I, I knew it all lol..........yea right(NOT) !!!!LOL

Then I realized, that the only way to be a full service Techician, I would have to be able to offer L&P too or at least know the ins and outs of it, to make me a better Technician. So off I went last year and learned, was it easy.........lol........ I don't think so..........but was it fun learning......absolutly....thanks to Gigi, she made it look easy, but then a Fab Teacher would lol........

I found that if you want to build a brill nail, no matter which system you use, that speed is the least important thing.......... It is how to do it right and beautiful thats important...........

All 3 systems take me about the same amount of time and I have the same amount of fun doing them.........
As for clients choices, that depends on them, their likes, their nail plate condition, their lifestyle, so my advice is learn all 3 and then you will never have to say..........Sorry but I dont do XYZ system...........

Just my thoughts

Well, I think I better get L&P safely tucked up under my belt then before moving on!! I really need to go for further training but I'm told that the Real Rebalancing class can only be done after you've been in 'Nails' for at least 6mths. I only sat my Foundation Course in April :cry:

Heather111 said:

I think Wrapped nails are the easiest, don't know about Gel as have only tried it once on one nail! but I found the L&P hardest to learn, but like any system once its mastered its down to your preference...or your own individual skills..

Latest posts

Back