L&P glitter tips - help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bag.Puss

Reaction score
I've a client booked on Friday who has pink & whites from another salon who'd like glitter tips and I'm concerned...even more so after reading through previous threads :eek:

I trained with Harmony but haven't really had a great deal of opportunity to practise beyond plain l&p sets that are generally covered in gelish, so I'm a bit lacking in the smile line department practise

After messing around on tips, my question are, given my experience (or lack of) would you (more experienced ones!)clip off the white and sculpt the glitter tip or file down and apply a new smile line, maybe reverse? Will the white underneath look yuk?

Also, I'm thinking for ease, I'll dip my bead into the glitter...does that work ok for you geeks in terms of strength and durability? Of course, I'm going g to try to persuade her to go for a rebalance and gelish rockstars first!

I hope someone can help :)

If it sounds really daunting then check what colour she wants- she may want her white tip glittery? And then you can re balance as normal and just paint the white glitter over freshening the smile line with your white glitter mix?

Or what I would do is buff down the existing white as much as you can and re form the smile like with the colour glitter she chooses. Just take your time and have confidence. Explain before you start that you suggest a colour that will match in (with being able to see the previous white behind the nails) x

twitter@iwantextensions

I find glitter so much easier to create smile lines with than the normal white powder so what id do is file the bulk down and reapply using my pre mixed glitter in zone 1 then clear/pink for zones 2 and 3. Whatever glitter colour she's having should cover the white that's there

Thanks for your help, ladies. As it turned out, the client only had two fingers with enhancements left on and they were just white tips with clear gel over so I was able to soak off and give her a nice new set.

Latest posts

Back