L & P help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbomb

Reaction score
Hi All,
Im fairly new to the nail industry & was just wondering if anyone could share any tips/ advice as to getting L&P consistancy right! Im doing all ive been shown but just not getting it right. :confused: is it just practice makes perfect? its getting me down as tipping, Blending & prep came quite easy. Even finishing is ok, just have to do alot more fileing as im not finding L&P application that easy. even changed my brush for a smaller one to see if that would help! any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thank you x

Mix ratio differs from one brand to another, which brand are you using? Also it's not something that can be described easily, you need to see it done. who are you/did you train with? Do you have any education support you can call upon? You need to find out what the correct mix ratio for your brand is, then see it done so you can copy and practice :biggrin:

When you say "how you have been shown" does this mean you have had training with this L&P system or you have just watched YT videos or watched someone else do it?

If you have had correct training with the system you are working with, then yes, it is about practice and doing it the same every time, using the same pressure when wiping every time, using the same (but clean each practice session) each time, using the same brush every time and it even helps to just use the one powder type (say a clear or sheer pink), picking up the bead of powder for the same amount of time (usually a count of 3) until you have the swing of things.

Slow down, don't rush and just practice and you will get there or if you really feel that you are not making progress, then go back to your training institution and maybe get some 1 on 1 training to help you iron out this problem.

Thank you for all your help I will get in contact with the tutour for a bit of support. I guess it will just be loads of practice! Im really enjoying it so dont want to get dispondent. Thank you all again x

Thank you for all your help I will get in contact with the tutour for a bit of support. I guess it will just be loads of practice! Im really enjoying it so dont want to get dispondent. Thank you all again x

Don't get upset about it, just keep plodding along and it will all pay off in the end.
So many people think it's easy doing L&P, that it's a matter of just dumping your brush in some liquid then some powder and bob's your uncle.....that is very far from the truth though.

You will get there, just don't give up:)

Latest posts

Back