L&P Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hi, Just been practising my L&P on my nail trainer and well i feel that i will never be any good at them. :( They never look right and i am not sure what i should be doing :?: I am using pink and white. Does any one have a guide for doing L&P properly that i could follow :oops:
I am just making the same mistakes over and over Help Please :(

hi i know how u feel, thats just how i feel bowt L&P, i can do gel no prob, but my L&P look like surf boards...they r soooooooo thick...and my smile lines, well what more can i say........they r horrid... :(

Well girls check out the tutorials on this side...................
Million dollar smile for kick ass smile lines...............
Outstanding overlays............. for the none surf board look..

Hope this helps

hiya lesley :D
have you looked at the tutorials on the site?
they have helped loads of people to sharpen up their technique.
the main thing is to get your mix ratio correct.(i know, not as easy as it sounds!)
rather than wasteing tips, practice picking up white & pink beads & placing them in lines on a peice of paper.
make sure you don't drag your brush through the powder at great speed, or doodle in the powder pot as you're picking up your bead :shock:
b precise, lower your brush down slowly onto the surface of the powder (you should try to pick up the bead on only 1 side of your brush, that way u should b more capable of putting the bead down correctly without it clinging on for dear life :shock: !!
raise your brush &keeping it facing downwards(so that the liquid in your brush "feeds" your bead, LOOK at the bead.
if it has already dropped off your brush never to b seen again :oops: !! it was too wet. this means that you either;
didn't drain your brush enough on the side of the dappen dish,
or, u didn't stay long enough in the powder.
try again & adjust the liquid/time accordingly.
keep trying & place your line of beads on the paper.
try different amounts of draining your brush & differing times in the powder.
u will eventually b able to suss when the mix ratio is right.
if the bead won't come of your brush & looks like a crumbly snowball it was too dry.
when the mix ratio is correct, you should b able to put down the baed gently on the paper without too much of a struggle & without too much product remaining on your brush.
the bead should "drop" by about 25% & "dome out.
pink, clear & natural powders should look transparent & smooth like frosted glass.
white & coloured powders should look opaque & loke orange peel, (dimply!)

once you r happy with your beads try again on tips.
again no rush, if the mix ratio is correct it should behave much better.

one last thing, the fullest part of your brush (the belly), is designed to hold onto liquid . if you place your bead in the middle of the area that you want to cover, press gently to aid adhesion & "walk" the bead along to both left & right without stopping or concentrating on only one side.
the liquid in your brush will feed the bead & keep it warm, enabaling you to apply the product smoothly to cover the area evenly. :D

if you improve your mix ratio & your application technique you will cut down on bucket loads of buffing & fileing.
you should spend twice as long on your application than on your finishing.

good luck
love liza xx

To SunsatioNails and any others having this problem.

The solution to nails that look soooo thick is very simple ....

Don't mean to sound rude but ... use smaller beads!!! Simple. You can use much less product than you are doing. The nails will still be strong and stable even if you go quite thin as long as you have the right balance of more product in the stress area.

Come on now girls, it is obvious. don't make life so hard for yourselves. relax and build a beautiful set of nails with half the amount of product ... finishing will be much easier too .. the whole job will be easier for you.

Hi Liza,

Phew!! I'm tired just reading that....but hey it is a great way of describing L & P...in fact I think I am going to print it out for future reference for my FDFC in Feb...thanks a lot :D

sharon

Hi Liza,
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain, about he mix and beads :D I was really freaking out earlier, I put the bead on the free edge and start to work one way and by the time i start to work back it as gone hard :( So i will practice on paper for a while like you have said and then try again. :)
The trouble is believe it or not, Although i am fully qualified in all systems we were only taught to use clear acrylic at college :oops: So i really need to learn L&P from scratch, So need all the help i can get.
Thanks xx

no trouble really, except i can't seem to do "short" posts!!!
i like to go into detail, but geeg is right, smaller beads will make life easier, also don't keep adding & adding & adding..............
try to veiw the nail from all angles.
don't keep trying to build both sides higher to match :shock:
try to decide if the high points r higher than they should b, because if they r then the "low" points r where they should b!!
so when you r finishing all u have to do is bring down your high points slightly, instead of reducing a great clod of product down to where u want it :(
remember to take your time & go for precision.
lol liza xx

thanks geeg...im going to get the trainer hand out this afternoon when baby is asleep and im going to do it... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back