L&P help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hi, When i am practising my L&p , i cant seem to get it smooth on the nail.
Shoild i file and buff it to a smooth finish once its dry ?

To get you product beautifully smooth you need the right consistency and a great brush.

Also some products are actually smoother than others.

If you are new to nails, then often time is also a factor. The longer you play around with the product the less smooth is becomes.

At the beginning stages you will need to file the product to make it really smooth but your goal should be to aim for making the nails perfect with your brush so you will not have to do too much filing.

FILING IS BORING. You want to aim to avoid it as much as possible. It can be done and if you want to you will get there.

Keep up your training because it is training that will help you to progress. Students simply can not be taught everything at once. Go as far as you can and when you are ready, take more tuition and move ahead.

I have never stopped learning. I'm attending another class in March. Can't wait.

Thanks Geeg,
Always listen carefully to your advice, i know its comes from experience. :D

A brush changed my life!

Sounds dramatic but it true. I spent to much time filing. I did a Creative update workshop with Ann Swain, she gave me a pro styler brush, and now i only need a little buff with a white block and buffer, and im done!

Hi Geeg,
I have done the CFC which I enjoyed very much :D However as you say training is the answer to improve technique and I still feel that I need more tuition ... definately.
However, I notice from the Creative brochure that it is advised to do the 'Next step' class after the Foundation but, it seems to be more about book-keeping and that type of thing, which doesnt really concern me at the moment.
I am more interested in hands-on tuition so, what do you advise next... a 1-1?
Thanks for any help.

The next step class does spend time on different facets of salon life ... very important, BUT the afternoon is spent on nails and YOUR particular problems. We work with each student in a problem area they may have ... you tell us. Could be smiles lines, lifting, blending tips ... whatever. We have designed this class to be the next step and it is a good class.

However if you only want to concentrate on nails then book a 1x2x1 class and work with a tutor on your own for as long as you want.

I did the next step class but wondered if it was going to be useful to me or not. I was extremely glad I did, I found it to be totally invaluable and we went over whatever we wanted to go over. I would strongly recommend it to anyone considering it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back