L&P. I know it's practice, but does it click into place eventually

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
:rolleyes:I am starting my acrylic and gel course at college in september and I have been doing some practicing on my false hand with acrylic. I have noticed I am getting better at getting the product smoother before filing and I think I am getting better at manipulating the brush in the right way, but I want to know, does it at some stage seem to all click into place and become a lot easier?

I am using a nsi baby grand kolinsky brush, but notice that there are others that people like. My brush sometimes doesn't stay in a point but the bristles seperate. would it be worth me getting another brush?:rolleyes:

Thank you

I use an EzFlow Grand Artist Oval brush which is fab.

I struggled a bit with L&P until I did a conversion course and while I was on that course I literally felt things 'click'! After that and with lots of practice I became better and better. Then you can concentrate on improving certain areas with skill building classes/workshops. Don't forget you never stop learning!

Good luck with your course. xx

If you clean your brush with your monomer, wipe, shape and store it flat it should last for ages.
I use a Pro Styler by CND it is fab and once you have trained it it works brilliantly:hug:

:rolleyes:
well i finished my foundation course in jan - creative conversion in june and just feel it IS all coming together now.
i can do a fair set of nails and i'm getting speedier and more confident - don't get so 'scared ' about it all. looking forward to doing some more classes
good luck - i'm sure thr really geeky people will help you more.
hth

It will click for you hun......may take longer than you expect or you may surprise yourself....not everyone is a natural....I wasn't lol! With practice I promise you will get there....and with the invaluable help from this site, you're in the best place!

I use the Ezflow 508 Grand Artist Oval brush and in over 4 years I can honestly say it is the best brush I have ever used.

I've been doing nails for over three and a half years and felt after 1 year things clicked. but i would say my nails are really getting to where i want them to be over the last year. Every time i think i can't improve them, i do, so i think it happens in stages.

I use the EZ Flow 508 and it's the best brush i have EVER used. It is personal preference to everyone, so only you can decide what works for you, but i prefer my large brush because i can pick up small beads when needed or the large babies.:)

With a bit of patience it does click and this is from a lady that has been waiting a long time for that bludie click!!!
Just practise and lots of classes and you WILL get there dont get down if others seem to get it quicker than you because sometimes they seem to get cocky and loose interest, keep going you will get there.x

:rolleyes:I am starting my acrylic and gel course at college in september and I have been doing some practicing on my false hand with acrylic. I have noticed I am getting better at getting the product smoother before filing and I think I am getting better at manipulating the brush in the right way, but I want to know, does it at some stage seem to all click into place and become a lot easier?

I am using a nsi baby grand kolinsky brush, but notice that there are others that people like. My brush sometimes doesn't stay in a point but the bristles seperate. would it be worth me getting another brush?:rolleyes:

Thank you

This can be an indication that you are working too dry.
Once you have placed your bead, try not to wipe your brush as much before you begin to move the product into place.
This should hopefully stop your flags from seperating.

Give it a go, see if it helps!
:green:

:Grope: I agree with Klassy Klaws.............You have to train your brush.........and then one day (just like learning to knit ) everything will fall into place with technique for your Nails and you will get the "Eye" and Challenge, Technique and Creation will all become one.............:)

This can be an indication that you are working too dry.
Once you have placed your bead, try not to wipe your brush as much before you begin to move the product into place.
This should hopefully stop your flags from seperating.

Give it a go, see if it helps!
:green:

My advice only applies if you have trained your brush already, but your flags are still seperating.

Latest posts

Back