L&P NNO Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayls

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last thursday I did a NNO in L&P on a client, she had come from a nailbar that had used MMA on her nails, they took me about 2 hours to soak off :eek:.

Her nails had grown up underneath, so she decided to have a NNO.

She phoned this morning to say that they had started peeling on 2 nails?!

Im sure my prep was A1, and that no product touched sidewalls. What else could it be?

Thanks xx

It could be from possible damage on her natural nails from the NSS that is causing the lift. A weak foundation will have an effect on how the enhancements last.

Last edited:
did she tell you where her nails were peeling.
was it cuticle end or free edge ?

Yeah sorry, she said they are peeling from the cuticle on some then from the free edge back on others, her nails were weak as they had over filed with an E-file.

Her nails from there were like bullets, and really there was no shifting them!

Oh. also, some were peeling away from the sidewalls.

I havent got any other NNO clients with this problem, and its getting to me a bit now, I cant wait to see them tommorrow!

Thanks for your replies so far though xxx

Sorry to bump this thread up, but has anybody got anymore ideas on what this could be?

Once I see her now I shall post more of a detailed description on what I thought the nails looked like etc!

She was coming today but has now rearranged for Saturday!

Thanks geeks xxxx:hug:

It will more than likely be due to the damage that has been caused by the NSS,
they drill most of the nail plate away so that their horrible product will adhere to the nail,
we only need to remove the shine as you know,
when they do this it causes so much damage that our product can not adhere to the nail correctly as there is not a decent nail plate left for us to work on, it is not because you have done any thing wrong,
i always tell clients that i can not guarantee that the nails will not lift as there is so much damage from the previous set,
when she has grown the damage out and you are working on new nails you wont have any problems

Thanks Louise, as I said they did use an E-file on her nails and they were res and sore looking, so...........

I'll see how they are tommorrow now and go from there!

:hug:xx

Well Ive just finished my client, and Ive got to say Im flumoxed!! No lifting, thw white is still intact and perfect, but all the pink has gone, on every nail!
Underneath, her nails are very red and sore, from the E-file, not me!

So what Ive done, is remove all product and start again, I prepped and then power prepped, then used a primer and applied as per usual, making doubly sure that my mix was right and that no product touched the side walls or cuticle area, really as I always do!

So we will see............

Thanks for the help though guys!

It sounds to me like too much damage, and the nailplate being too weak . . . but anyways let us know how you get on xx

Make sure she knows that any picking will lead to further damage of the already stressed out nail plate.
Reassure her that once that damaged nail grows out.. then the lifting problems will cease.
Product is designed to latch onto the keratin of a healthy nail plate.
MMA on the otherhand likes a nail plate that has been roughened up to an inch of its life..so at the end of the day a product that has been specifically designed for the nail is the healthiest choice.

Thanks girls, I have let her know all of this, and she was surprised that such damage is allowed to be done to Natural Nails!
She has gone away now with a lovely NNO, so fingers crossed! xxxx

Hope it all works out this time - just a quick question - did she ask for a soak off?

From what I understand you probably didn't need to remove the MMA enhancements but just done a maintenance rebalance. (I will check it out and post the answer).

It may be that you will not get the same colour until it had grown out, but an enamel would mask that for the time being - I believe it takes 3 months for the nail to grow from the cuticle to the free edge - but again will clarify :green:

A weak nail does lead to a weak enhancement - see if I can find you some info on that as well :hug:

It's a bit scary when you have your first dealings with a MMA client - but you know straight away :eek:

Thankyou Debbie! Yes she did ask for a soak off, she wanted rid of the product on her nail, I did offer to re-balance them for her, but she was adament!
It was my 3rd dealing with MMA!:eek: Wasnt pleasant, the stuff stinks! And it so hard to remove!

Oh well we will see how she gets on this time!!

Thanks again xxx

Thankyou Debbie! Yes she did ask for a soak off, she wanted rid of the product on her nail, I did offer to re-balance them for her, but she was adament!
It was my 3rd dealing with MMA!:eek: Wasnt pleasant, the stuff stinks! And it so hard to remove!

Oh well we will see how she gets on this time!!

Thanks again xxx

Well done to you then for making the best out of a bad job :hug: I'm sure it will be fine :hug:

Latest posts

Back