L&P on nail trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamantine

Reaction score
This is my first critique so be gentle but not too gentle.
The pic looks like there are bubbles in the nails but IRL there isn't which is odd. Also I have checked the lines of light and they are pretty good but not 100% IMO so the blob on the middle finger is just a shadow from my lights.

Overall how did I do? What can I work on?

Thanks in advance.

Well, these nails of course need allot of improvements.
Where is your white free edge? Where is the shine (long way to go there)?

There Are bubbles as can be seen becsuse the image enlarges them.

The form needs to be sleeker.

Overall they are not the worst nails I have ever seen but it would be Wrong of me to say you were 'there' as I'm sure you realise yourself. I do think you look to have controlled your application pretty well but I don't know how much of that you did with your brush and how much you did with your file.. I look forward to seeing the improvements in your next set.

Hey hun

I would work a touch more on the sidewall shape of your nails - bring them in slightly as they look a little "hippy" from the pics and if you look on your middle finger, your file control may have slipped slightly as there is an angle on the sidewall at the free egde.

xx

Well, these nails of course need allot of improvements.
Where is your white free edge? Where is the shine (long way to go there)?

There Are bubbles as can be seen becsuse the image enlarges them.

The form needs to be sleeker.

Overall they are not the worst nails I have ever seen but it would be Wrong of me to say you were 'there' as I'm sure you realise yourself. I do think you look to have controlled your application pretty well but I don't know how much of that you did with your brush and how much you did with your file.. I look forward to seeing the improvements in your next set.

I am using the nail tips that I got with my nail trainer. They are not that white. Not as white as I would like or what most clients would want either. I had not shone them at this point as I wanted you all to see them in their "natural" state iygwim?

I'm working on different ways to reduce the bubbles. I think I play too much perfecting it. I didn't do very much with the file except the edges and a quick buff over just to make sure it is smooth.

I appreciate your pointers. Next time I will make sure to finish them properly before I post them.

Finishing them.before pics also hun will help to show the true line of light and help to see how your blending has gone. EN don't do white and pinks unless sculpting course is taken Geeg :( it is natural tips with sheer pink overlay so no smile lines or anything :( xx

I didn't realise they didn't teach with white powder ... Sorry OP no wonder they weren't white lol.

Bubbles ... Caused by wiping your brush and patting too much. Now you always pat too much when starting out but you can stop wiping your brush right away as it is a bad habit. Wiping your brush introduces air into the brush hairs which in turn you pat into the bead. HTH

I didn't realise they didn't teach with white powder ... Sorry OP no wonder they weren't white lol.

Bubbles ... Caused by wiping your brush and patting too much. Now you always pat too much when starting out but you can stop wiping your brush right away as it is a bad habit. Wiping your brush introduces air into the brush hairs which in turn you pat into the bead. HTH

Yeah its with pink powder. I should have said sorry lol.

After my first attempt and loads of bubbles I searched the forum and got a few tips and I have stopped wiping my brush. I was taught to lay the bead then wipe while it settles and then work it. I have stopped wiping the brush except before I am ready for the next zone to pick up fresh liquid and powder but I definitely pat too much. I need to build up more confidence and trust I'm patting it into the right place first time.

I used to be a manic brush wiper hun - it is a habit that is best broken early lol I now rarely need to wipe my brush even between nails :D

Have you read Geeg's tutorials in the articles section here on the site about brush control and such? Definitely worth adding in your favourites hun xxx

I used to be a manic brush wiper hun - it is a habit that is best broken early lol I now rarely need to wipe my brush even between nails :D

Have you read Geeg's tutorials in the articles section here on the site about brush control and such? Definitely worth adding in your favourites hun xxx

Yup and I've got her book too. Going to try to find time to get another set attempted tomorrow then I'm getting one of my friends to do my nails next week so I can see her technique and try to pick up a few tips. Might take some of the nails from my trainer for her expert opinion too.

Latest posts

Back