L&P Pink & Whites - cap with clear???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a Capper??? (L&P P&Ws)

• Total voters

Gelly

Reaction score
What do you do?

Do you cap your P&Ws with clear, or do you just use pink and white?

I cap btw.
I thought that this is how I had learned to do it....... but after having mentioned it to my tutor last week, I have realised that capping with clear is something which I must have picked up from this site and not something that I was told to do on my course. Doh!

So now I need to ask........ Are you a capper? :green:

I wasn't taught this either Gelly, but I always do it now :)

Can I ask why do you do this? Doesn't it just double your work.

I have been known to put a coat of gel topcoat over an enhancement, if the client wants the really shiny look, but I have never used a layer of clear L&P over my forever french enhancements.

I was taught to never cap my pink and whites with clear......
JMO but ....never felt the need to really....:rolleyes:....if the client wasts super shiney I'll use a gel clear coat.....but buffing to a shine generally works...

I have never capped my pink and whites either....the only time i have used clear was after doing my smile then placing white just between my white before i did my pink...so the smile looked crisp...but never capped......i do sometimes use a gel top coat though over

Gosh, I've never heard of doing that . . .

Like Izzidoll says, it seems it's almost doubling the workload? Why is it better to do it that way :hug: I'm always interested in hearing about different techniques

Can I ask why do you do this? Doesn't it just double your work.

I have been known to put a coat of gel topcoat over an enhancement, if the client wants the really shiny look, but I have never used a layer of clear L&P over my forever french enhancements.

I don't know!!!! :lol: Lol! Like I said I thought that I was taught to do it!! :smack:

I don't use UV topcoats.

I have never heard of this before either, but am quite curious as to why its done.. Look forward to learning!!

Never done this myself and can don't really see why anyone should lol! If it was really necessary I might fill in a low spot with clear just for speed, other than that I have no idea why....as already said it's doubling your work and increasing your timings!

Never done this myself and can don't really see why anyone should lol! If it was really necessary I might fill in a low spot with clear just for speed, other than that I have no idea why....as already said it's doubling your work and increasing your timings!

im with Cathie.... i only ever add clear if i find a wee low spot or something

if you are building the right structure with both your pink and white you should be fine hunnio and have no need for the extra clear

Jess
xox

I am not sure why you would cap either you are not encasing anything, or just using a thin layer of the pink and white for color then having to build the nail. You build with your pink/white powders. I am curious as to why some do. Now I do sometimes go over just the smile line with clear if I have any highs or lows. Is this what you mean?

I either buff to a high shine or gel top coat

im with Cathie.... i only ever add clear if i find a wee low spot or something

if you are building the right structure with both your pink and white you should be fine hunnio and have no need for the extra clear

Jess
xox

I agree with Cathie & Jess here, I can't see the need to unless there's a low spot or if I've overfiles the sidewall free edge on a NNO (not had to do it yet tho).

Gelly....thanks for this thread!

I feel so much better that so many of my esteemed colleagues on here have had to use Clear to hide and correct mistakes...or low spots as we seem to be calling them :lol:

I thought it was just me!!!!

That said I am sure it was a tip passed on to me by GMG himself and has saved my hide on many an occasion!!!!

I do it out of habit from capping glitters with clear.

I don't cap my P&W either, I used to add clear on the low spot, but that was years ago. Now I only cap when I'm using glitter. :)

I do it out of habit from capping glitters with clear.
Hmm, now maybe that is why I started doing it?
I did start doing allot of glitter french (still 90% of my work) so maybe capping has become a habit for me too?

Latest posts

Back