L&P Question??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eob

Reaction score
Sorry if I am about to ramble on but here goes....! About two years ago I did a L&P course. It was with Galaxy Fast Set Acrylic. I found this brand really difficult to get on with and I am subsequently now using gel (NSI) which I really like.

Have any of you used Galaxy acrylic or a fast set L&P system? How does it compare when using say Creative L&P? The reason I ask is that because of this particular product I have been put off attempting to try another L&P system which is a shame as I should be offering all three systems as part of services?

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Em

a lot of people find L&P the hardest one to master (me included!) but dont be put off. if you like the nsi gel then why not get in touch with them and ask for their advice on which of their L&P products you should try. maybe if you told them what it was about the galaxy one you didnt like they could steer you away from any of their ones that are similar. i'd be interested to hear what they recommend (if you could send me a PM that would be great). i use star nails (which i dont have a problem with at all and am happy to recommend - again if you want more info on that send me a PM) but would like to try a few other makes to compare and was blinded by how many L&P products there were on nsi's website!

Best wishes,

eob said:
Sorry if I am about to ramble on but here goes....! About two years ago I did a L&P course. It was with Galaxy Fast Set Acrylic. I found this brand really difficult to get on with and I am subsequently now using gel (NSI) which I really like.

Have any of you used Galaxy acrylic or a fast set L&P system? How does it compare when using say Creative L&P? The reason I ask is that because of this particular product I have been put off attempting to try another L&P system which is a shame as I should be offering all three systems as part of services?

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Em

Where are you located EOB? I can't learn anything about you from your profile as you have never filled it in?

Galaxy is not distributed widely in the UK so I am guessing you are from the States?

You asked about Creative L&P and I can tell you Retention+ is a slower setting L&P. However Creative also havve fast set L&P for those who like a fast set, and many of us do. It is all about choices and we like to offer them all to technicians, just as you want to offer all services to your clients.

Why not order a Retention+ 'Try Me' kit and have a go? The kit is very inexpensive and will complete about 3-4 sets. I think you will have a very pleasent surprise at the ease with which the product works and handles, and also the spectacular look and clarity of the product.

Hi

I am in the UK - I must fill out my profile :o

I will try the Retention+ kit and see how I find it. Sorry to sound like a dork here but by it being a slower setting do I get longer to smooth out the smile lines etc? I was finding with the fast set system that my smile lines were awful.

Emma

geeg said:
Where are you located EOB? I can't learn anything about you from your profile as you have never filled it in?

Galaxy is not distributed widely in the UK so I am guessing you are from the States?

You asked about Creative L&P and I can tell you Retention+ is a slower setting L&P. However Creative also havve fast set L&P for those who like a fast set, and many of us do. It is all about choices and we like to offer them all to technicians, just as you want to offer all services to your clients.

Why not order a Retention+ 'Try Me' kit and have a go? The kit is very inexpensive and will complete about 3-4 sets. I think you will have a very pleasent surprise at the ease with which the product works and handles, and also the spectacular look and clarity of the product.

Hi, I've trained with Star Nails Acrylic Performance L&P, needless to say I found that it was taking me too long to master, my impatience often gets the better of me. I stumbled upon a stockist that sold Galaxy Fast Set, I tried it, but my inexperience got the better of me and set quicker than I could pat!! I then went back to Star Nails (for a year now) but not terriably pleased with the end result even though they have improved their product. I am at the moment pondering on trying another product.Hope any of this helps.

Good luck

XxX Linda

Was using Star nails but didnt get along with it. Tried Pinnicle, by nail order which was good, but lacked colour choice. Now on Oddysey Nail Systems, ONS, really good, colours great, good workability time and low odour. Grafton International are the suppliers.

Good luck on your search

eob said:
Hi

I am in the UK - I must fill out my profile :o

I will try the Retention+ kit and see how I find it. Sorry to sound like a dork here but by it being a slower setting do I get longer to smooth out the smile lines etc? I was finding with the fast set system that my smile lines were awful.

Emma

Exactly ... the slower set allows you the time to perfect and get your smiles 'smiling' just the way you want them to.

The rest of the nail can be perfected too so that 'filing to finish' becomes minimal. The product is so smooth that I know many technicians who only finish off with a white block and a GirlFriend 3 way buffer.!!

I also trained in Star nails L&P, i also found it hard to master, but then nothing is gonna be easy. I think that if you really try to get on with a product which is hard to use then when you change to a nother one things can only get better.

I would get some sample kits to try, i have got a kit from EZ flow and i am ordering my Creative sample kit today. What works for some might not work for others so give a few a go, hope you find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back