L&P questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
When using a cover pink and white for a French, do you cap with clear? I'm new to acrylics and I've just tried using cover pink and white on my own nails and when I came to filing it sort of broke off where the pink met the white and left a tiny gap.

There was another question but its completely gone! Lol x

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

When using a cover pink and white for a French, do you cap with clear? I'm new to acrylics and I've just tried using cover pink and white on my own nails and when I came to filing it sort of broke off where the pink met the white and left a tiny gap.

There was another question but its completely gone! Lol x

I always cap in clear. also make sure your apex is built up enough too.

Thanks MissLB, just remembered my other question! How do you finish your acrylics to give them a high shine that will last until they need infilling? X

When applying your pink if you ensure that you butt it right up to the white, and finish by smoothing it over the white, when you file your join should remain intact without needing to applying a layer of clear.

To get a shiny finish you can either use a clear gel top coat or buff to a high shine by working through the different grits, starting low at 180, then 240 then finish with a buffer to shine.

When applying your pink if you ensure that you butt it right up to the white, and finish by smoothing it over the white, when you file your join should remain intact without needing to applying a layer of clear.

To get a shiny finish you can either use a clear gel top coat or buff to a high shine by working through the different grits, starting low at 180, then 240 then finish with a buffer to shine.

I did try and smooth the pink over the white but I'm using an opaque pink and it just covered the white up! Am I doing something wrong? If I buff to a high shine would it last for 2-3 weeks or would you have to keep doing it? X

I would always cap the nail with either clear or pink (not the opaque pink) when creating an enchancement with an opaque pink nail bed. You can build the stress point with this layer also as already mentioned above.

After refining and buffing, I like to finish mine with Brisa Lite Top Coat to seal them.

Hth xx

Nice business name by the way ;)

I would always cap the nail with either clear or pink (not the opaque pink) when creating an enchancement with an opaque pink nail bed. You can build the stress point with this layer also as already mentioned above.

After refining and buffing, I like to finish mine with Brisa Lite Top Coat to seal them.

Hth xx

Nice business name by the way ;)

I did think about Brisa lite but wasn't sure if I could use it over acrylics. Haha thanks! I swear I didn't know it was your name until after I chose it! Lol xx

I did try and smooth the pink over the white but I'm using an opaque pink and it just covered the white up! Am I doing something wrong? If I buff to a high shine would it last for 2-3 weeks or would you have to keep doing it? X

NSI Glaze n Go will give you the high shine you require. IMO it is better than Brisa Lite top coat because as a soak off gel, BL will break down if it comes into contact with certain chemicals or at least lose its shine, whereas GlazenGo is virtually indestructable!

However if you need to soak off a badly lifted nail, say, you would need to file the top of the Glaze n Go before acetone will penetrate to remove it, whereas BL will soak off without that.

Just so you know. :)

NSI Glaze n Go will give you the high shine you require. IMO it is better than Brisa Lite top coat because as a soak off gel, BL will break down if it comes into contact with certain chemicals or at least lose its shine, whereas GlazenGo is virtually indestructable!

However if you need to soak off a badly lifted nail, say, you would need to file the top of the Glaze n Go before acetone will penetrate to remove it, whereas BL will soak off without that.

Just so you know. :)

Been using BL top coat over my acrylics and never had an issue of any breakdowns :) Clients come back each time and every time with every nail intact and glossy as the first day we put them on.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

You can use the reverse method to put down a thin layer of cover pink (opaque pink) then put down your white, butt it up to the pink so you don't have any gaps this way and no cover pink ends up over the white... then cap, create your apex in clear or see-thru pink. Reverse method is when you start working the nail plate first instead of doing the white at the free edge. There are lots of videos that show this on Youtube if you do a search for "acrylic reverse method" or something like that. To top off the nail and make it shiny you can use a gel top coat or brush on a layer of clear builder gel which works great for those who are really tough on their nails, the builder gel seems to last longer :)

Thanks everyone I've got a spare bottle of Brisa lite so I'll give it a go and maybe try nsi glaze n go xx

You can use the reverse method to put down a thin layer of cover pink (opaque pink) then put down your white, butt it up to the pink so you don't have any gaps this way and no cover pink ends up over the white... then cap, create your apex in clear or see-thru pink. Reverse method is when you start working the nail plate first instead of doing the white at the free edge. There are lots of videos that show this on Youtube if you do a search for "acrylic reverse method" or something like that. To top off the nail and make it shiny you can use a gel top coat or brush on a layer of clear builder gel which works great for those who are really tough on their nails, the builder gel seems to last longer :)

I have tried both methods and I do find the reverse method a hell of a lot easier. Either method I still seem to get a gap lol I will just do a lot of practice :) xx

Latest posts

Back