L&P seeming..."harder" on some clients than others?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicles

Reaction score
Maybe this sounds like a silly question, but it seems to me that my l&p gets harder on some of my clients, making it tougher to file (I use Creative Perfect color l&p/Retention+). I have one client that even though she has minimal lifting, the acrylic seems so hard, that I cannot blend the line away! It's very frustrating. Anyone have any clue as to what I could do or why this happens? She wears a color french, so even though the lines are subtle and are not bothering her, they are frustrating me!

Thanks in advance,
Jessica

could be totally wrong but at a guess could it be she has higher body temperature so its setting quicker on the nailplate..... could be way off but just an idea?

Maybe without realising it you are working dryer on this client or she is been naughty and not using her solar oil ?

beats me I have not heard of this happening before.. Hopefully someone else will know I will hang around for an answer.

Is it possible the clients with "harder" nails have flatter nails, too? I find that when I do my own, since my nails are so very flat, I have quite a bit of product on top from building my apex to make them look normal. When I do my moms nails, which are probably the curviest nails I've ever seen, I find that very little product goes a long way, and the usual amount I use on myself makes hers look bulky and heavy.

Maybe this is the issue? Just an idea! HTH!

Jaimienunn has offered a well thought out explanation and it is clear she understands the chemistry. Something may have affected the set time of the product. If the set time is accelerated by heat of any kind, it can cause excess shrinkage and a denser mass.

Also when the product is applied to thickly there is an exothermic reaction which produces more heat than usual so moopie too has a good idea.

And of course there is always that dry mix ratio which would also produce the same effect so loubylou is right in there too.

I can't offer anything better by way of explanation than these clever geeks have done. Such a bunch of smarties!!

thanku, one thing tho jamienunn is a male lol.......

Sorry Darlin ... I didn't think. Avatars are nothing to go by these days or I'd think some geeks were neither male or female but aliens or sprouts!!! :)

lol its ok was only kiddin anyway x

I never thought about the body temperature thing...though I didn't notice her hands being very warm or anything. It's not too much product, because she has very beautiful nail beds, so nothing to correct and I work pretty thin. Does it matter that the hardening doesn't happen right after I do them? It's only when she comes in for a fill. I guess it probably takes time to harden, hm?

I guess there's nothing I can really do to correct it then, but thank you for all the good thoughts!

Jess

I never thought about the body temperature thing...though I didn't notice her hands being very warm or anything. It's not too much product, because she has very beautiful nail beds, so nothing to correct and I work pretty thin. Does it matter that the hardening doesn't happen right after I do them? It's only when she comes in for a fill. I guess it probably takes time to harden, hm?

I guess there's nothing I can really do to correct it then, but thank you for all the good thoughts!

Jess

The curing process is progressive so yes, they would harden more over time.

Is it causing you a problem or just a conundrum?

I hear you say it is harder to file so always use a new abrasive for those rebalances.

Can't say I have ever noticed CND being hard to file .. in fact the ease of filing is one of the things I love about it.

I'm not sure if you work in a salon environment or a mobile tech. If you're a mobile tech., maybe it's a bit hot in her house??? Or maybe the file is worn out? These are just a few of my guess since I've never have any of those problem with Creative products.

I have never had this with CND products either, which is why this client is perplexing me. It's not a huge problem, and like I said, she hardly notices it, but I tend to be a perfectionist and I do notice. I keep seperate files, so when she came back for her first fill after the new set, her files had only been used once.

P.S. I am not mobile, I work in a salon.

Thanks for the replies, I will see how it goes with her next fill.

Latest posts

Back