L&P with Gelish Top It Off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy2986

Reaction score
Was thinking of giving myself acrylics tonight (pink & whites), and cause I work with acetone at work A lot,I don't want it eating away at my acrylics, so can I apply Gelish Top It Off to my acrylics? Thanks :)

Sent from my LG-LG855 using SalonGeek

Someone? Please :)

Sent from my LG-LG855 using SalonGeek

TIO is a soak off gel so if you're using a lot of acetone and not wearing gloves it'll ruin the TIO too.

You can & I generally use it over the top of my enhancements but id say it wouldn't protect your acrylics from the acetone as Shannon said TIO is a soak off gel so that too would be affected by the acetone. Wearing gloves help, yet I'm still struggling to find some that don't melt with acetone!! So frustrating x

Nitrile gloves are fab :)

It would be easier to go with a non-soak off UV sealer.

Gelish Hard Gel do Dry Armor which is there UV gel topcoat. Top It Off is not the best to use over enhancements. I have tried in the past and had occasions where it peels. xx

Gelish Hard Gel do Dry Armor which is there UV gel topcoat. Top It Off is not the best to use over enhancements. I have tried in the past and had occasions where it peels. xx

I've had this too so will have to give Dry Armor a whirl xx

Glaze and go is fab ladies!!! Acetone doesnt affect it, needs to be buffed off x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I've been using Dry Armour on my L&P's, when it comes to remove acrylics which have had it on then Gelish on top of it really stands up to acetone.

I have to file away the TIO, soak nails to remove all Gelish, then file the Dry Armour off & resoak. I have an NSI nail bath so the acetone is warmed up but still takes an age to remove everything !!

I agree that NSI Glaze n Go is fab (file off not soak off) :)

I handle acetone a lot and always wear gelish or shellac, and rarely are my nails ruined through removing someone elses product.

The gelish needs to be buffed before acetone penetrates so as long as your are not soaking your own nails actually in acetone you should be okay with Gelish as a top coat. Going back to what someone else said though glaze n go is brill x

Top it off is fine to wear over your acrylics as it is very acetone resistant ( which is why we lightly break the seal before removing, just to speed up the process, in my experience it's not that GELISH will only remove if buffed first, it's just much quicker if you do)
Top it off will peel from acrylics if either the surface was buffed to smoothly before application or oils from make up on the face, hair etc have gotten onto the acrylics In between filing and application.... To prevent both of these from happening
Ensure you finish filing with a 180 grit file no higher, then remove dust, and brush over the surface with ph bond or cleanse to remove any traces of oil, and then you're ready to apply your top it off, or GELISH colour of choice :)

Latest posts

Back