L&P ??????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristine

Reaction score
Hi

I completed Creative conversion and learnt loads. ive been practising and getting better but i have a few questions which will help me.

The corners of my smile line are very thin as i run out of product ive tried to get bigger beads but cant do the corners need the same amount of product as the rest of the tip for strength?

What does crystalisation mean too dry or too wet?

When filing to shape i sometimes get little powdery spots what is the cause of this?

Any advise would really help
Cristine :)

The corners of my smile line are very thin as i run out of product ive tried to get bigger beads but cant do the corners need the same amount of product as the rest of the tip for strength?

Why not pick up a very small bead and place at each corner. Remember you can always add. Another thing, are you working the bead the whole time? ie. 2 presses to the left, 3 presses to the right, 4 presses back to the left, etc........until the bead has been evenly worked to the left and right. If you just work right to one side and then work to the other, you will find that the bead has become too dry and will not be willing to play ball (or any other damn thing :shock: ). This is something that I have just learnt (thanks Liza ;) ) and boy what a difference it makes.

What does crystalisation mean too dry or too wet
I think I'm right in saying crystalisation occurs when a product gets too cold (I could be wrong........it has been known!). I think what you are talking about is when your product ratio is too wet.

When filing to shape i sometimes get little powdery spots what is the cause of this?
This sounds like you could have air bubbles. Maybe you are working too dry.

I hope this is of some help to you
Adele

Hi adele

Thanks for your reply im still working on my ratio.

I do try to work to the right before finishing off the corners of the left my corners are very weak i would like to perfect te corners of my smile line without the dimples!

When sculpting should the natural nail corners be rounded off?

Cristine :)

Creative liquid and powder Never crystallizes. The cold can slow down the rate of polymerization but Retention+ does not crystallize in temperatures higher than about -40 or more (can't remember the exact temp) ... and I don't think your salon is that cold :D

What you are seeing, if you see something that looks sort of 'frosted' or sugary-looking , is caused by rapid evaporation of your liquid. This is exacerbated by working in a draft and using too wet a mix ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back