L plates alert!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janette_wtmr

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm studying nails at college and I'm using NSI products and I was wondering whether anyone can help me with my query that I have...Call me stupid but I was wondering...

I'm learning to apply silk and fiberglass at the mo, can any body tell me when I see coloured gels are these purely for gel nails or can they be used for when we apply a layer of gel on top of the fabrics aswell? (I wont be learning gels this year so I'm clueless, sorry!)

And my second question is do you have to put these under the UV lamp, as I know that the gel that we use on these don't have to as we use an activator!
Please be gentle on me I'm a beginner!! :confused:

Hi,

I'm studying nails at college and I'm using NSI products and I was wondering whether anyone can help me with my query that I have...Call me stupid but I was wondering...

I'm learning to apply silk and fiberglass at the mo, can any body tell me when I see coloured gels are these purely for gel nails or can they be used for when we apply a layer of gel on top of the fabrics aswell? (I wont be learning gels this year so I'm clueless, sorry!)

And my second question is do you have to put these under the UV lamp, as I know that the gel that we use on these don't have to as we use an activator!
Please be gentle on me I'm a beginner!! :confused:

Hiya, welcome to the Geek!

UV Gel and Silk/Fibreglass are 2 seperate systems using completely different products...... Gel is applied to the nail with a brish and needs curing on a UV lamp to make it set hard. Silk or f/g is applied using resin and needs an acticator to set it hard....... So, you don't combine the 2 different systems!

Liquid and Powder is the third system of nail enhancements btw, and as the name would sugest you mix together a liquid monomer and a powder polymer and it needs air to set it hard......

Does that help?

Hiya, welcome to the Geek!

UV Gel and Silk/Fibreglass are 2 seperate systems using completely different products...... Gel is applied to the nail with a brish and needs curing on a UV lamp to make it set hard. Silk or f/g is applied using resin and needs an acticator to set it hard....... So, you don't combine the 2 different systems!

Liquid and Powder is the third system of nail enhancements btw, and as the name would sugest you mix together a liquid monomer and a powder polymer and it needs air to set it hard......

Does that help?

Right O.k, I know that silk,fiberglass, gel, liquid and powdre are different. I knew that gel nails need to be cured under a lamp...But is the gel that we use for silk and fiberglass the same gel as the gel for gel nail systems that are used that need curing or are they 2 separate types of gel?

Ta,
Janette

The "gel" you use in your wrap system is actually EC Resin and not UV gel at all.

The "gel" you use in your wrap system is actually EC Resin and not UV gel at all.

Oh, this helps to clear a few things up fo me..alot!!
Thanks

Latest posts

Back