La Palm/Gel II

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score
Just finished reading this months Scratch Mag and there is loads of coverage about La Palm Products/Gel II.

I'm really excited to see this product (Gel II) and have a play of it myself, and from browsing on the website the spa products look gorgeous!!

Is anyone using Gel II yet? What do you think of it?

I think it sounds great:

No harsh prep/buffing of the natural nail
No base coat
No wipe top coat
Reactions colours (colour changing)
A Glow in the dark coat
Glitters!
Removes in 10min (and I've heard this time is reduced to around 5mins with warm towels)

Also, I've seen online about the Gel II LED lamp - 60,000 hours, and it's CORDLESS!!!!

Looking forward to reading other peoples opinions/experiences and what they're looking forward to.

I am keen to read feed back on these too! Sounds fab

I had a Gel II manicure in the USA in April and it was fab! Lasted around 4 weeks, and still looked as good as first applied. I'd never heard of it at the time, & they were marketing it as 'Shellac' !

Have been looking at the website and sounds good but do you know if they have a distributer in England as can't seem to find one?

I have heard it is launching in the uk at the show in September (Olympia) I can't wait to try it!

I had a Gel II manicure in the USA in April and it was fab! Lasted around 4 weeks, and still looked as good as first applied. I'd never heard of it at the time, & they were marketing it as 'Shellac' !

Naughty! It is awesome though! Since I posted this I've actually got my hands on some, as as I'll be joining the uk education team for Gel II/La Palm.

Have been looking at the website and sounds good but do you know if they have a distributer in England as can't seem to find one?

Uk distribution is being set up as I type, there will be a full distribution line in place by the official launch at Olympia next month.

It's amazing stuff though!

Ooh can't wait. I have seen a local salon advertising it coming soon, the fact no base coat is needed sounds great

oh that sounds interesting, expecially the cordless lamp!

Anymore info on where I can buy this from in the uk? Saw it in olympia and have a trail nail on. It's lasting well, great colours as well. Would really like to buy some more!

Anymore info on where I can buy this from in the uk? Saw it in olympia and have a trail nail on. It's lasting well, great colours as well. Would really like to buy some more!

Creative academy Bournemouth are the distributors. HTH :)

The Creative Beauty Group in Bournemouth. The online store is being set up now and will hopefully be up soon.

Steph xx

i bought the gel ii structure gel - led curabel and soaks off. it was super easy to apply and self levelled perfectly but slow enough to be able to mold if needed. It was pricey but so far I think it will definetely be worth the cost. Ive only had it on myself three days but it seems as strong as my acrylics so im really impressed.

i bought the gel ii structure gel - led curabel and soaks off. it was super easy to apply and self levelled perfectly but slow enough to be able to mold if needed. It was pricey but so far I think it will definetely be worth the cost. Ive only had it on myself three days but it seems as strong as my acrylics so im really impressed.

The structure gel is fab! I am so impressed with it!

I was all set to invest at Olympia. I sat down to have a demo. As we were shown to a lady who was going to show us the product, she was asking someone else how to use it. She then told me how she had been using it for ages and how much she loved it. Seemed strange as I could clearly hear her asking what to do at the end re. Wiping the top coat.
When I asked, she couldn't tell me how the products were. After she explained at the end that the top coat she was applying didn't need wiping, she wiped it! I was so confused. Couldn't get any straight answers to my questions. I was pretty disappointed as I really wanted this to be something I wanted to invest in but the lady completely put me off.

Please can someone tell me if this is worth investing in as I already offer Gelish and Shellac and if so why?

Thanks in advance x

There's a couple of youtube videos which may help. Liverpool Lashes, stephanie rowlands and Divine by Design have all done a video showing the products.

There are 2 top coats, Extreme Shine and a no wipe version.

Maybe the lady was flustered at the show but I agree, it doesn't fill you with much confidence.

All the reviews I've seen are positive but I'd lile to see removal before trying it out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought the cordless lamp and 8 colours. The lamp is fab but when I did my own the automatic lights were tempremental so I was so worried about using it on my next client - but it worked fine with her so I'm not sure what happened there. On my next client the fan kept kicking in. It wasn't too loud but I didn't realise it had I e that would kick in so was a bit taken aback when it did.

I've done some colour pops today so will upload later. Their white is absolutely amazing. One coat and it was such a fantastic finish and opaque/even. I did two tho just because I'm old on it.

Application is a dream. There's no shrinkage and it's such an easy system to get used to. I bought Sharkbite from the reaction range and Bright Lavender from the normal gel polish range, plus the no cleanse top coat (which blows my mind). Ive since been told you can cleanse and it will be even shinier, frankly the shine is immense already!

I'd say purchase a couple and see for yourself. You only know how a product truly works when you road test it yourself both as a nail tech (application and removal) and as a client (durability).

The distributor is The Creative Beauty Group in Bournemouth.

As an aside if you're expecting a Shellac removal then don't set yourself up for a fall. One of Shellacs biggest selling points, I think, is how beautifully it removes. This isn't said as a downer on Gel II, as it's true for other systems too (I also use Cuccio and Megamix).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good point re removal Happyfeet. I feel spoilt with the easy removal of Shellac but need to bear in mind that this is a gel polish and therefore will have a different removal than Shellac. I'd also like to try it but without buffing as I've heard that it's not essential to buff

Good point re removal Happyfeet. I feel spoilt with the easy removal of Shellac but need to bear in mind that this is a gel polish and therefore will have a different removal than Shellac. I'd also like to try it but without buffing as I've heard that it's not essential to buff

I don't buff before application. I've been using it 3 months now and in that time I've only buffed on 1 client. Reason behind the buffing is she has very oily skin and hair and has never been able to keep any gel polish on longer than a week. I literally 'tickled' the surface with the file then cleansed the nail and straight into colour coats. She got a full 2 weeks wear before wanting to remove due to regrowth. Everyone is getting at least 2 weeks wear no problem.

Steph xx

Latest posts

Back