LA Spray Tan HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHiggleton

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
Im in a dilemma and hope someone can help!
Ive recently started out as a mobile spray tanner, i decided to go with LA Tan as they had such good reviews from both therapists and clients. I ordered the 10% and the 10 gold and they sent me a sample of the cocktail. I used my own legs as guinea pig for the cocktail, and it went on very orange. I left it for the recommended 8 hours but when it came to washing it off it literately washed off! I did all the before bits properly, ie ex foliating and mosturising the day before. I had a tiny bit of the colour left but no where near as dark as it should have been. (the cocktail is a 14%)! Two days on and its almost completely gone apart from a few little patches.
I then did the 10 gold on a friend who says her colour is fine, not very dark but fine (altho i havent seen it). And i tried the 10% on my sister. A few minutes after spraying she was very dark and looked like she was going to have a lovely dark tan. But then again 8 hours after it had been on she washed it off and again the whole colour washed off!!! I saw her yesterday (1 day after application) and she has no colour at all.
I dont know whats going wrong, everyone's doing all the before and after care correctly and when i spray it on it all looks fine i just dont understand why its not staying on. I havent read one bad review about LA Tan, so i cant understand it. I havent been able to do anymore tans as i cant charge people for a tan that washes off
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance :)

OK some questions:

1) Are you shaking or swirling the solution before you start to mix all the ingredients? (as it can make a difference)
2) How much solution are you using per tan?
3) What is being used to wash off? (any shower gel or soap or just water)

sounds vert strange indeed. I have never encountered this with la at all. Baggy gave you great advice but I think you need to contact danny or francesca asap to let them know this has happened.

What did you use to prep your skin with? the only thing I can think of is that there was some sort of barrier on the skin?

OK some questions:

1) Are you shaking or swirling the solution before you start to mix all the ingredients? (as it can make a difference)
2) How much solution are you using per tan?
3) What is being used to wash off? (any shower gel or soap or just water)

Hi,
No i actually didnt shake or swirl it, maybe that could be it???
Amount of solution per tan was between 50 - 100ml never less thatn 50 and never more than 100. Just water being used to wash it off no saop/scrubbing etc

sounds vert strange indeed. I have never encountered this with la at all. Baggy gave you great advice but I think you need to contact danny or francesca asap to let them know this has happened.

What did you use to prep your skin with? the only thing I can think of is that there was some sort of barrier on the skin?

just used moisturiser more than 24 hours before i did the tan and only had barrier cream on dry areas??

What exfoliator was used? did that have any fancy oils or moisturisers in it?

I'd try using a plain exfoliator with no moisturisers or oils in it and then no moisturiser or creams so clean skin for 24 hours then tan.

How are you storing your solution? Are you bringing it to room temp to spray or using it straight from a fridge?

Sorry about all the questions but trying to work out what could have caused you to have so little to no colour.

I use the cocktail (14%) on clients and it is a very nice dark tan so no way you should have had so little colour and it easily lasts a week for those I've sprayed. The 10% I'd describe on my clients as having caught enough of a tan to notice but not that dark. The 12% is the darker tan that looks like you've been away for a while and then the 14% for those who wanna go that bit darker again.

What exfoliator was used? did that have any fancy oils or moisturisers in it?

I'd try using a plain exfoliator with no moisturisers or oils in it and then no moisturiser or creams so clean skin for 24 hours then tan.

How are you storing your solution? Are you bringing it to room temp to spray or using it straight from a fridge?

Sorry about all the questions but trying to work out what could have caused you to have so little to no colour.

I use the cocktail (14%) on clients and it is a very nice dark tan so no way you should have had so little colour and it easily lasts a week for those I've sprayed. The 10% I'd describe on my clients as having caught enough of a tan to notice but not that dark. The 12% is the darker tan that looks like you've been away for a while and then the 14% for those who wanna go that bit darker again.

lol don't worry about all the questions
I personally just used my exfoliating gloves when i showered, I used a moisturiser straight after my shower as i have quite dry skin, but nothing was put on for more than 24 hours before i sprayed. The tan was at room temp
Im thining maybe it was the fact i didnt shake it, coz ive done everything else right that was the only thing i didnt do. Im gonna try again this time shaking the solution and hope that works, I know LA tan are a good solution so i just dont understand it, thanks again for all ur help :)

no moisturiser honey!!

shower , a good exfoliate and then NO mosituriser afterwards..... it causes a barrier.

tigi
xxx

no moisturiser honey!!

shower , a good exfoliate and then NO mosituriser afterwards..... it causes a barrier.

tigi
xxx

really?? bugger! i was taught to put moisturiser on the day before to dehydrate the dry skin, i will try without and see how it goes, thanks

Yes defo try it after exfoliating and then nothing put on to the skin and give the bottle a little swirl about to mix everything up.

Hope your tan turns out lovely for you this time.

I defo agree with this as it's a defo barrier, I have used la tan for years and love it x good luckxx

Yes I can also add that 14% is a lovely dark colour! I love LA Tan to!

Really, NO moisturiser with La Tan. I run a training academy and am an LA Tan Trainer and can confirm that the official world from LA is no moisturiser .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone, ive been away all week, but will be defo giving your tips a try on my next tan, will let u all know xxx

Latest posts

Back