LA Tan shades help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy a LA Tan starter kit. What shades would you recommened and would you go for the (Example: 10 or 10 GOLD?)

Please help peeps.

Thanks
Emma

When I got my kit from LATan I went for 8gold, 10, 12 and FAST. They also sent me samples of all the other solutions so I have everyone they do :)

I requested samples before I got my kit and got 8 gold and fast, and fell in love wiht them both! I cant really explain the difference between the gold and normal, but the normal tans are more of a brown, the gold is more..well..gold. lol if that makes sense! xx

What solution to get will vary depending on what kind of tans your clients will want.

The 8% gold and 10% gold give a more golden natural tan which are nice but the 10% gold looks lighter than the LA tan 10% as the 10% gives a brown tan.

Personally I trialed the 10% gold and the 10% and my clients prefered the 10% so I just stock the 'brown' range. I felt this was a good thing as i can buy in whatever percents I want and then mix up any other percents I need when I run low/out as all my solution is from the 'brown' range.

I stock 10%, 12%. 14% (cocktail) & the fast tan. My most popular solution is 12%.

I have just swapped to LA tan and I opted for 10% 12% and I am going to order the FAST tan too :) its gorgeous!!!

I stock 10gold 12 18 and fast. I'm going to drop the 12 as my girls either want a light glow or dark dark. I will use the fast for my tiny number of inbetweeners

Ok Thanks ladies, Hopefully ill order the kit after the bank holiday and will have decided by then. My friend done me a tan with her La kit and i had a 10 Gold. I am VERY pale and loved the colour it did look quite natural to.
I was thinking 10 gold, 10, 12 and 14 or the fast tan?
10 gold for pale people like me for a nice glow. the 10 for people slightly darker (with a bit of natural colour) or wanting a more browner tan. And the other 2.

x

Ok Thanks ladies, Hopefully ill order the kit after the bank holiday and will have decided by then. My friend done me a tan with her La kit and i had a 10 Gold. I am VERY pale and loved the colour it did look quite natural to.
I was thinking 10 gold, 10, 12 and 14 or the fast tan?
10 gold for pale people like me for a nice glow. the 10 for people slightly darker (with a bit of natural colour) or wanting a more browner tan. And the other 2.

x
I am very, very pale (never had a natural tan as I burn, peel and go white again) and I use the fast tan to get myself a nice light colour.

I really don't think you will use 10% & 10% gold. You will end up with one or the other going unused as the tan outcomes are close.

Also the gold range is single dip guide and the 'brown' range is double dip guide colour and your optimum gun settings will be different for gold and brown solutions too.

My advice would be to stick with the brown range and get 10%, 12%, 14% and the fast tan for those who want a light tan or a really dark tan.

Ok thank you, sorry to sound dumb i am new to this and havent done my spray tanning course yet. But what is the difference between the single and double dip?

Thanks

The single dip guide colour is a lot tighter than the double dip guide.

The double dip guide makes it much easier to see where you have sprayed and where you have missed.

im using la tan also i have 10% 12% 14% and 18% the 10% comes out lovely and i think is the best colour , ive used 18% on a friend that tans realy well this colour also was lovely ( for darker skin ) .

Latest posts

Back