LA TAN strange ethics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Got a text for LA tan yesterday about a promotion also they where asking for experienced tanners to contact them, then seen the same thing on there facebook page, experienced tanners wanted for business opportunity or words to that description, so thought I would find out what it was about sent them my info, today I get a phone call from them, so basically they want tanners to sell joe public a spray tanning kit for a profit of around £20 they would then order more tanning solution from me when they ran out,

it makes no business sense want so ever to me ,when I questioned why I would want to sell a spray kit to political clients and said it didn't make sense he was quite abrupt and said it doesn't matter then and hung up, anyone else spook to them about this and what do you think, is it just me or is this wrong in so many ways.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Seems odd to me. If he thought about it, he would see that you would lose your clients, as they would buy from you, learn to use it and also take up clients themselves which would normally have been potential new clients to you!

Ok so you get £20 for selling a kit but you lose much more than that in lost business!

It the strangest thing they could lose there professional business

No-one else go any thoughts on this

depends on how you view it , if someone is going to train to do spray tanning, then you would lose them as a customer regardless, so why not make some money off them by selling them the kit and solution.that way every time they buy a bottle of solution you will make money off them. if la tan is willing to send clients your way,then yes it could be good,saves them buying of the internet,but then that depends on how good a deal they would give you on the solution.just looking at it from another angle.

I'm disappointed and have just sent an email registering so.

Such a shame as I love the tan but I don't want to use products that are available to the public. Will keep an eye and if this goes ahead, I will seriously think about switching brands

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've recently trained and was really looking forward to using la tan...but after seeing this I had a look on there FB page and have been put off a bit. It screams a bit of desperation to me. I know they do a good solution and that they always have offers on but I don't like the way they are advertising and the way they are offering it to everyone. It's a real shame as I was set in using their products but would hate for a potential client to look them up because I think they would think I'm a cheep cowboy :(

Such a shame as I love the tan but I don't want to use products that are available to the public.

Sent from my LG-E430 using SalonGeek mobile app

To be fair the public can buy their products either way off their website anyway. You dont even have to prove your qualified to get a trade account! And that goes for a few other tan companies too

I do agree it does undermine what we do making it even more easily available, and greedy on the companies part. Wish more companies providing to beauty professionals would be a as strict as cnd!

depends on how you view it , if someone is going to train to do spray tanning, then you would lose them as a customer regardless, so why not make some money off them by selling them the kit and solution.that way every time they buy a bottle of solution you will make money off them. if la tan is willing to send clients your way,then yes it could be good,saves them buying of the internet,but then that depends on how good a deal they would give you on the solution.just looking at it from another angle.

They are not offering to send any clients my way and literally want me to sell kits to people I would normally tan so they can do it there self, there didn't seem to be any incentive either, £20 profit on a kit I charge £20 for a tan! I can't see any reason for anyone running a legitimate business to do this, its a joke

Sent from my LG-E430 using SalonGeek mobile app

To be fair the public can buy their products either way off their website anyway. You dont even have to prove your qualified to get a trade account! And that goes for a few other tan companies too

I do agree it does undermine what we do making it even more easily available, and greedy on the companies part. Wish more companies providing to beauty professionals would be a as strict as cnd!

Ah really? It was a while ago I registered so can't remember. I do know that their prices are openly available which I don't like.

I think everything should be restricted to professionals only. It's chemicals we are using on our clients and I'm not sure that should be available to Joe public. Annoys me that this industry isn't regulated but I'm taking this thread away from the title now so will keep schtum on that one!

I don't use this product but have had lots of phone calls from them recently with offers that sounded very good - so good that they did indeed sound desperate I'm afraid.

sorry i see what you mean , i thought they were perhaps looking for distributors for solutions etc, just selling to your clients would not make any sense. xxx

talk about shooting yourself in the foot!:eek:

Why sell to joe public? Why sell Pro Products? Whos Liable? Are the spray tanners expected to "show" the money time and expertise on their skill set to get insured to show someone for a measly £20 profit?!

For me i would avoid this kind of buisness model with out any thought process behind it and the "spark" :idea:that come up with the idea.:smack:

Bunch of jokers! xoxo

I only use there fast tan but it would be a shame if I had to stop it because of this

I've had a response from my email. They've said that this decision was made to create trainers and business development managers throughout the country. They also said they are finding it hard as a company to meet the high demand of enquiries they have for supplies and training

I've had a response from my email. They've said that this decision was made to create trainers and business development managers throughout the country. They also said they are finding it hard as a company to meet the high demand of enquiries they have for supplies and training

What a load of bull that is not anywhere near what I was told and he could not answer my query of why I would do that as I would lose clients ect

No mention off training either, and I did say why would I sell to joe public with no training etc

Just pm'd you Lynn

I have email them, not mention any of you so will see what the response is :)

I've always been wary of the fact their tan is so cheap and people are doing their tans for £5?? so I'm not really shocked tbh, gone from seeing CNDs go with a pro campaign( which I LOVE) to this in the space of 48 hours the industry is becoming a joke

Latest posts

Back