LA Tanning vs Fresh Indulgence?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeautyx

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

In the process of buying a starter kit. And both of these brands have excellent deals. Does anyone have an opinion one which one is better?

Thankyou. Poppy. X

I bought my kit from la tan (had it a year now & it's still going strong) x

I think if the machines and tents are the same then the important thing would be the solution and price. And for me fresh indulgence comes top along with their customer service.

I personally don't like la tan solutions. But many do. The selling point for me is the organic and anti ageing solutions fresh indulgence offer.x

I ummed and ahhed betwwen LATan and fresh indulgence too, and in the end I opted for LATan for the simple fact that the kit came with lots of solution, and as a beginner, that was very important for me. I knew I'd be using up lots practising. I also love the LATan colour. I got lots of different samples and tested them all and I did my first "Guinea pig" of Friday, and now have bookings for tomorrow, wednesday and Saturday and many in line waiting for me to have a spare evening!
xx

I've just purchased the LA Tanning kit and I'm very pleased with what I received. I definately swayed towards LA Tanning due to the amount of solution included with the kit so I had plenty to practise with. I also got my husband to spray tan me with the 10% solution and I'm really pleased with the result :)

Fresh Indulgence, I bought my machine & tent from them and the solution is great. Catherine is so lovely and goes the extra mile, she personally hand delivered my equipment, her partner is equally as lovely xx

fresh indulgence for me, I didnt like la tan.

Fresh Indulgence, I bought my machine & tent from them and the solution is great. Catherine is so lovely and goes the extra mile, she personally hand delivered my equipment, her partner is equally as lovely xx

She always goes that extra mile x so that along with a long lasting solution is great! I had my first complaint last week.... I thought my tan would be gone by Monday for work! Lol it's long lasting not like some that get a few good days tan out of x

First you need to consider what your clients will want.

LA Tan do a range of solutions from 8% up to 20% where Fresh indulgence only go up to an 11% or 11.5% (depending on which solution you choose).

Will your clients want a darker tan? If so, will you want to buy in solutions from 2 different brands to suit these clients or just go with 1 brand that caters for all your clients needs?

I tried Caribean Indulgence & Revive and liked the tans and planned to stock Revive but found my clients always chose LA Tan over it so I decided to stick to 1 brand catering for those who wanted a light tan and a dark tan so that I could get the best prices on my solution and have just 1 supplier (the more you buy in 1 transaction the cheaper it is with LA Tan & their offers make it a great priced solution too).

The guide colour of the solutions is also important as a beginner seeing where you have or have not sprayed is important.
Fresh indulgence's solutions have light guides that could be difficult to see as Fresh Indulgence prefer their guide to look as near to the tans actual colour as they can (meaning a 7% or 7.5% is very light and there is not much difference to the actual skin colour of some clinets when spraying on).
LA Tans guide colour is double dipped (NOT the Gold) so this means it is much easier to see where you have sprayed and where you have missed when learning and although it is dark when you get used to your routine and have learned to set the gun correctly then it's not so dark that clients dislike it or feel uncomfortable walking out in it after being sprayed (all my clients love the guide colour lol).

Other than those 2 basic questions - what will your clients want? and will you be ok with a light guide while you learn? - then the actual tans were both fine and lasted well, and faded well on my models.

I thought the anti-aging of Revive would be a great selling point but had no-one enquired about it at all in my first 6 months while I advertised it alongside LA Tan (my clients wanted the darker percents offered by LA Tan everytime).

First you need to consider what your clients will want.

LA Tan do a range of solutions from 8% up to 20% where Fresh indulgence only go up to an 11% or 11.5% (depending on which solution you choose).

Will your clients want a darker tan? If so, will you want to buy in solutions from 2 different brands to suit these clients or just go with 1 brand that caters for all your clients needs?

I tried Caribean Indulgence & Revive and liked the tans and planned to stock Revive but found my clients always chose LA Tan over it so I decided to stick to 1 brand catering for those who wanted a light tan and a dark tan so that I could get the best prices on my solution and have just 1 supplier (the more you buy in 1 transaction the cheaper it is with LA Tan & their offers make it a great priced solution too).

The guide colour of the solutions is also important as a beginner seeing where you have or have not sprayed is important.
Fresh indulgence's solutions have light guides that could be difficult to see as Fresh Indulgence prefer their guide to look as near to the tans actual colour as they can (meaning a 7% or 7.5% is very light and there is not much difference to the actual skin colour of some clinets when spraying on).
LA Tans guide colour is double dipped (NOT the Gold) so this means it is much easier to see where you have sprayed and where you have missed when learning and although it is dark when you get used to your routine and have learned to set the gun correctly then it's not so dark that clients dislike it or feel uncomfortable walking out in it after being sprayed (all my clients love the guide colour lol).

Other than those 2 basic questions - what will your clients want? and will you be ok with a light guide while you learn? - then the actual tans were both fine and lasted well, and faded well on my models.

I thought the anti-aging of Revive would be a great selling point but had no-one enquired about it at all in my first 6 months while I advertised it alongside LA Tan (my clients wanted the darker percents offered by LA Tan everytime).

I take my 11.5 upto 16% with the booster drops x

Latest posts

Back