LA Weave course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
Hi there I'm in Cambridge can anyone recommend a la weave course? I'm willing to travel if a must.
I have hair extension training with balm aim but the LA WEAVE seems to be the most popular?..
Any other methods anyone finds popular?
Thank you

[emoji5]️

Km extension training are the company who hold the trademark to LA weave. You need their training and permission to use the term LA weave also :) it's a good course, proving very popular with my clients :) xxx

I am approved to teach la weave accredited too with abt :) .. I teach 1:2:1 all over the uk feel free to get in contact

Km extension training are the company who hold the trademark to LA weave. You need their training and permission to use the term LA weave also :) it's a good course, proving very popular with my clients :) xxx

km have applied for a trademark LA WEAVE and it has been opposed by a company called BEAUTY WORKS. The term has been used for years in the industry for the micro sew in method aka LA WEAVE was invented in the USA. Connect-2-Hair trained Kyle at km a few years ago.

LA Weave
Detailed trademark information from
UK and EU Registries for trade mark 3075390

WORD MARK: LA Weave

LIVE/DEAD INDICATOR:
Opposed

SERIAL NUMBER:

FILING DATE:
10/3/2014

TYPE:
Word

TRADEMARK:

INTERNATIONAL CLASS:
26, 41

CLASSES
26. Ribbons, buttons and pins
Hair extensions, hair pieces, wigs, synthetic hairpieces, natural hair pieces, hair ornaments, articles for the hair, elasticated hair bands, hair-bands, hair curlers, artificial hair, natural hair, false hair, synthetic hair, hair clips, rollers.

41. Education, Sport, Culture
Hair Extension Training courses, arranging professional Hair Extension workshop and training courses, organisation of training Hair Extension courses.

Cool thanks for the info..... i tend to trust what I'm told! As far as I know they are using the tm logo on LA weave.... will have a look. Either way I absolutely love the application method :) xxx

Just to clear up any confusion.

The common law trade mark LA WEAVE belongs to me, Kyle Martin. I devised the trade mark LA WEAVE in 2011 and have been using it on a significant scale since then. I only authorise people who have successfully completed my training course to use my trade mark LA WEAVE. LA WEAVE is a badge of quality and origin (the method I teach uses very exact tools and methods, as a result of years of research). Such authorisation is granted under Licence and is subject to specific terms and conditions.

Whilst I once attended a training course with Connect 2 Hair, this was nearly a decade ago now and was entirely unrelated with my LA WEAVE trade mark and the services which I provide under that trade mark.

I can confirm that I have filed an application to register my trade mark LA WEAVE at the UK Intellectual Property Office. The application is still in the registration process and is an entirely separate matter from my common law rights in the trade mark LA WEAVE. Just because my trade mark has not yet achieved registration does not mean that others are free to use my trade mark, or that I do not have any grounds to object to unauthorised use.

If anyone has any queries regarding the ownership of my trade mark LA WEAVE, please contact my Legal Representatives, BRANDED! TM Limited on 01904 476388.

For course queries or further information on becoming an LA Weave Authorised Technician, please contact my office on 020 8144 7965.

Kyle
KM HAIR EXTENSION TRAINING

www.LAWEAVE.co.uk

www.KMHairExtensionTraining.com

The common law trade mark LA WEAVE belongs to me, Kyle Martin. I devised the trade mark LA WEAVE in 2011 and have been using it on a significant scale since then. I only authorise people who have successfully completed my training course to use my trade mark LA WEAVE. LA WEAVE is a badge of quality and origin (the method I teach uses very exact tools and methods, as a result of years of research). Such authorisation is granted under Licence and is subject to specific terms and conditions.

Whilst I once attended a training course with Connect 2 Hair, this was nearly a decade ago now and was entirely unrelated with my LA WEAVE trade mark and the services which I provide under that trade mark.

I can confirm that I have filed an application to register my trade mark LA WEAVE at the UK Intellectual Property Office. The application is still in the registration process and is an entirely separate matter from my common law rights in the trade mark LA WEAVE. Just because my trade mark has not yet achieved registration does not mean that others are free to use my trade mark, or that I do not have any grounds to object to unauthorised use.

If anyone has any queries regarding the ownership of my trade mark LA WEAVE, please contact my Legal Representatives, BRANDED! TM Limited on 01904 476388.

For course queries or further information on becoming an LA Weave Authorised Technician, please contact my office on 020 8144 7965.

Kyle

www.LAWEAVE.co.uk

What a way to introduce yourself to potential new customers.

The IPO ( government who confirm and deal with trademarks and approve them will confirm to you that they do not have the la weave trademark same as if you google la weave trademark it confirms it for you) ... I rang and confirmed this myself.

Feel free everyone unsure the IPO on 0300 300 2000 or +44 (0)1633 814000 to confirm that the trademark does not exist you applied for in October 2014 that got opposed by beauty works :) ... also you have applied to have your Logo la weave trademarked but this has not been put to the public yet who can oppose this :) before you get approved so it is not good service or business claiming to have something you don't :) .

Kyle

www.LAWEAVE.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
After a complaint from Branded TM Limited (which requested this thread be deleted), I took advice and have made a couple edits and deletions.

There is obviously some understandable confusion about registering trademarks here (and what that means). I am no lawyer, but I once pretended to play one on TV so take advice before listening to my advice :D

Although the mark (LA Weave) has not been successfully registered (yet), there may be goodwill established in it which could empower them to take action if it could be demonstrated that you were passing off/damaging that goodwill. In short; you don't necessarily have to register "Teds Phenomenal Barber Shop" to take action upon someone else trading with the same/similarly confusing name. You would however have to demonstrate in court that goodwill existed, had value, was yours and was (or could be) damaged through someone else using it. That could be hard to do if "Teds Phenomenal Barber Shop" was not exclusively yours to begin with. That is why registering your mark is important (though registering a mark won't even guarantee you protection).

Hope this helps.

I am a tutor at CONNECT-2-HAIR and have been training LA WEAVE since 2002 and have trained continually since this date hundreds of students in LA WEAVE which is also known as Micro Sew In. Sorry Kyle you are mistaken, you did not invent LA WEAVE method and I trained you a few years ago, prior to this you had no knowledge of extensions whatsoever. I have to say very many people besides myself have been training this method for many years and LA WEAVE is well known in the industry.

Got a letter from BRANDED saying I will be taken to Court if I do not retract what I said on Salon Geek and if I don't stop using the description LA WEAVE which I have been using since 2002!!! Bully boy tactics will not work and I will tell the truth no matter how I am harassed.

Got a letter from BRANDED saying I will be taken to Court if I do not retract what I said on Salon Geek and if I don't stop using the description LA WEAVE which I have been using since 2002!!! Bully boy tactics will not work and I will tell the truth no matter how I am harassed.
All you have to do is prove you were using the term before them surely?

This case opposed by BEAUTY WORKS will be going to Court soon with all documentation, proof and information from all witnesses involved from multiple companies and individuals.

Guys I just saw these messages, I'm so confused as to what is going on? [emoji85]
What's happened? And where do I got I do la weave? Xx

Guys I just saw these messages, I'm so confused as to what is going on? [emoji85]
What's happened? And where do I got I do la weave? Xx

you can train with us if you like in Leicester we offer training in this method fully accredited :) x

I want to be able to use the term "la weave" what's happening with this court case?

he doesn't own the term la weave lol u can google this and it will tell u that its declined :) anyone can use the term la weave :) xxx

I want to be able to use the term "la weave" what's happening with this court case?
he doesn't own the term la weave :) you can google la weave trademark and see he was declined years ago :) hence other companies etc being accredited for this method x

Latest posts

Back