LA Weave course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thank you [emoji5]️
I thought I had to use km hair to be able to officially use the term "la weave"
Sorry if I'm being a pain just want to get this right & ive been on maternity leave, just getting back into the zone[emoji41]

no babe, km 'claim ' to have the trademark but they don't I even rang the ipo ( government who deal with trademarks') who stated they had not got it because a big company had opposed it (beauty works) so it was declined :) .. however they advertise they have it whenthey don't lol ...we are accredited by abt, so all certificates are legit :) xxx

Wow thank you so much speedy hair, you've been a massive help xx

This has just been brought to my attention.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am restating my previous post of 25th August 2015 as follows:

I can confirm that I have filed an application to register my trade mark LA WEAVE at the UK Intellectual Property Office. The application is still in the registration process and is an entirely separate matter from my common law rights in the trade mark LA WEAVE. Just because my trade mark has not yet achieved registration does not mean that others are free to use my trade mark, or that I do not have any grounds to object to unauthorised use.

The UK IPO (Intellectual Property Office) will confirm that it is possible to acquire common law rights in a trade mark through use of it in the UK. These common law rights exist separately from registered rights and it is these common law rights, that I have acquired in LA WEAVE that I am asserting against unauthorised third parties.

For confirmation of acquiring common law rights in trade marks, please phone the Information office at the UK IPO on 01633 814000 who will be able to help you, alternatively you can click on the following link www.gov.uk/how-to-register-a-trade-mark/unregistered-trade-marks

Last edited:
I have COMMON LAW RIGHTS as I have been training students in this system since 2002 long long long before I even trained Kyle in hair extensions. When Kyle came to me for training he had no knowledge of hair extensions whatsoever.

I havn't fallen out with you Kyle, you are one of my former students and I like you. But please don't try and stop Training Companies from using the term LA WEAVE when they have been using it for years.

I havn't fallen out with you Kyle, you are one of my former students and I like you. But please don't try and stop Training Companies from using the term LA WEAVE when they have been using it for years.

Nice you are friends

Yes, I have COMMON LAW RIGHTS and have been informed that because I was using the term LA WEAVE long before the date of application for the proposed registration I am lawfully allowed to continue to use the term LA WEAVE for my training, certification and promotional purposes. Thank goodness this has been amicably sorted. And yes, Connect-2-Hair Ltd owns the website www.laweavetraining.co.uk

Hi there I'm in Cambridge can anyone recommend a la weave course? I'm willing to travel if a must.
I have hair extension training with balm aim but the LA WEAVE seems to be the most popular?..
Any other methods anyone finds popular?
Thank you

Hello! We teach LA weave in every main UK city, inbox us for more info xx

We also have a tutor training course, please inbox for more info, thanks x

Yes, I have COMMON LAW RIGHTS and have been informed that because I was using the term LA WEAVE long before the date of application for the proposed registration I am lawfully allowed to continue to use the term LA WEAVE for my training, certification and promotional purposes. Thank goodness this has been amicably sorted. And yes, Connect-2-Hair Ltd owns the website www.laweavetraining.co.uk

Because so many students are asking to learn la weave we now teach this method every day, every week, throughout the year, except closed on saturdays.

Sorry to jump on this post but I needed help and after seeing this I'm calming down but today I received a very nasty phone call threatening me with legal action because I'm using the tern la weave. I trained with connect 2 hair and have my certificate and insurance he demanded I take all my posts down and delete my pages I have been threatend and basically bullied I wouldn't mind but I don't even do hair extensions anymore apparently someone in my local area sent km an email reporting me to which I got the nasty call. Can't belive they can treat people like this it's disgusting and not professional at all

On what grounds? Was there a consequence to not taking them down?

From what I've read here it seems we are all free to use the name la weave until Kyle gets his trademark or am I wrong Kyle?

On what grounds? Was there a consequence to not taking them down?

From what I've read here it seems we are all free to use the name la weave until Kyle gets his trademark or am I wrong Kyle?
He has in fact trademarked the term LA weave, you can only use it if you used the term before it was trademarked with proof, luckily for me I trained with him and can use it, others that havent are being threatened with legal action from what I gather x

He actually now owns that trademark, so unfortunately he is well within his right to enforce it.

However I believe there is a right and a wrong way to go about it, phoning people being nasty is not professional at all when a simple email or letter would suffice..

So what do we call it now? Micro bead sew in weft?

So what do we call it now? Micro bead sew in weft?
Think you can call it whatever you like providing no one else has trademarked it, hard isn't it this industry, micro sew in? Flat weave? Cant really think of anything, I know remi cachet use Hollywood xx

I trained with Studio58 , I've always said la weave just force of habbit but have to call it sewn in braidless weft

Think you can call it whatever you like providing no one else has trademarked it, hard isn't it this industry, micro sew in? Flat weave? Cant really think of anything, I know remi cachet use Hollywood xx

I believe our Hollywood weave is slightly different, especially the stitching and how you ladder the rows.

Latest posts

Back