LA Weave help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
I'm not trained in LA weaves but got one fitted today and it feels too tight.

I'm trained in micro rings and I know the rings should not be too close to the scalp but these rings are and my heads throbbing.

I've had this method once before and don't recall it being this tight or sore but concerned I may be overacting as I have a really sensitive scalp anyway.

Can someone advise if I should be concerned?

There's no redness or lumps but my heads throbbing and the rings are tight to my scalp which concerns me!!

Thanks in advance.

If you can get a picture of placement may be easier for fellow extensions sets to advise x

I'll get someone to take a picture tomorrow i was hoping someone could advise whether a weave should be tight to the scalp or not.
All methods I'm trained in can not be this close but i didn't want to assume the LA weave has been put in wrong incase this is just the way it's meant to be in, although it would contradict every other method training I've had.

I've not trained in extensions but from what I've seen of work on here and comments from other people (the la weave is the rings and the weave sewn to the rings that are spaced through the the section?) should be the same as you would fit when you was doing them individually I would of thought?

I'm sure someone who's trained will come along and give the correct knowledge x

I've never had complaints about pain from my clients.

I also wear LA weave myself. Mine feels tight when first fitted but never throbs or causes me pain. The only time I feel like discomfort is when It's freshly fitted and I tie it up high on top of my head but that's my own fault x

Thanks for your advice it might just be my sensitive head. As I mentioned the rings are right at my scalp which I wouldn't do for micro rings so maybe it's just the technique and I need a few days for the discomfort to go

I had a bad experience with my first LA weft. Mine was really tight and throbbing, couldn't lie on my head had to have my hand underneath for support. Lasted 5 days, I was taking paracetamol and told off my hairdresser I was head sore. I shown people in work on the 5th day and I have yellow pus blisters and scabs in my head where it was so tight and the rings were digging into my scalp. I work in the hospital and was told off a Dr to wash my have with surgical hand wash to clear the infected blisters. They cut it out for me at work.

Had 2 since then and had hardly any pain.

I'd take it out personally. X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465764640.249105.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465764662.799208.jpg

Can't really see clear but this is far too tight on my head. And it was painful and so itchy. X

There too close. You might need to loosen the close ones of a little incase of tension alopecia

I do a lot of hair extensions and they are very uneven and far to tight!
That looks so painful Hun your scalp looks so sore!

Oh no your scalp looks so painful! You even have little puss filled sores!

Have you had the beads taken out?

LA weaves are so gentle you should never feel any pain.

Latest posts

Back