LA weave-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccamay

Reaction score
Hi!
I recently did a course on a method they called “micro weave” but I’m also seeing it being called the LA weave.
I’ve been practising on a few friends and family for now but I keep having trouble with the ends of each weft being so bulky! I go through the weft three times as I was trained but it seems like a big bulk at each end that ends up sticking out when I get to the temples of the head. Is this because I double the weft? I’ve read on here to try using another ring at each end to help keep it flat but it still isn’t working :(
I also wanted to know what size micro rings people use for this method as my bottom row’s are often coming loose really quick and wondered whether i was using too big of a micro ring, I’ve been using 5mm.
Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks

Hi!
I recently did a course on a method they called “micro weave” but I’m also seeing it being called the LA weave.
I’ve been practising on a few friends and family for now but I keep having trouble with the ends of each weft being so bulky! I go through the weft three times as I was trained but it seems like a big bulk at each end that ends up sticking out when I get to the temples of the head. Is this because I double the weft? I’ve read on here to try using another ring at each end to help keep it flat but it still isn’t working :(
I also wanted to know what size micro rings people use for this method as my bottom row’s are often coming loose really quick and wondered whether i was using too big of a micro ring, I’ve been using 5mm.
Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks
Hi Rebecca, i normally start and finish going through more than 3 times to ensure its secure and tight at the edges.
I find if the clients hair is too thin around the sides i kept my weft going from ear to ear then use nanos or taps for my sides as they are more discreet

Hi Rebecca, i normally start and finish going through more than 3 times to ensure its secure and tight at the edges.
I find if the clients hair is too thin around the sides i kept my weft going from ear to ear then use nanos or taps for my sides as they are more discreet

Thank you! But how do you make sure the end is so tight and flat? When I go over it 3 times it creates like a little bulk on the end of the weave if you know what I mean? Do you think it could be the thread? I use the one I got from training x

Thank you! But how do you make sure the end is so tight and flat? When I go over it 3 times it creates like a little bulk on the end of the weave if you know what I mean? Do you think it could be the thread? I use the one I got from training x
Sorry also what size rings do you use? I’m not sure using 5mm is causing them to slip quicker

Sorry also what size rings do you use? I’m not sure using 5mm is causing them to slip quicker
I used thread from stranded international. Do you double bead? I double bead to prevent it slipping. You could also try 3mm or 4mm beads as 5 are quite large. Beauty works use aluminium beads which arent silicone lined and small, you do use more beads but i find it more secure

I used thread from stranded international. Do you double bead? I double bead to prevent it slipping. You could also try 3mm or 4mm beads as 5 are quite large. Beauty works use aluminium beads which arent silicone lined and small, you do use more beads but i find it more secure
I didn’t at first but my first model’s came loose so quick and saw on here about doubling so I did and it seemed to last longer but still only 4 weeks they have slipped quite abit now. I suppose I just need to keep practising. Thanks so much for your help x

Latest posts

Back