LA Weave maintenance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceecee71

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm thinking of adding LA Weaves to my methods but I was just wondering how you do a maintenance? I do micro weaves and at 6 weeks I just move open the rings, comb out any hair and move the weft back up, replacing rings as necessary. At 12 weeks I remove half a row at a time and comb through, then refit with new rings. 6 weeks later I recommend a removal, good old scrub/cut/colour etc and refit from scratch.
Obviously this changes depending on the clients needs.
But how do you do a 6 week maintenance if the weft is sewn in?
Thanks for any info anyone has

I am in love with LA weaves to the point I don't do any micro weaves at all now. I remove and redo completely around 6-8 weeks usually though I have quite a few girls who wait til 10-12 weeks with no issues xxx

I am in love with LA weaves to the point I don't do any micro weaves at all now. I remove and redo completely around 6-8 weeks usually though I have quite a few girls who wait til 10-12 weeks with no issues xxx
Ah ok. So just out completely and re fit rather than tighten. Thank you! I might look for a course. Xx

I have done weaves for a few people but haven't had to do maintenance yet. I advise between 8-10 weeks. What I would do is do each section starting with the bottom. Cut the cotton to take the weft off, remove the ring, but as you are removing, keep the section of hair and apply another new ring, so they placement is the same and they just sew the hair back on and repeat. So basically a complete refit. I dont see how you can re-tighten an LA weave tbh because the rings move further and further down as the hair starts to grow.

With an la weave you should be going round the beads. So they should always be free. Then you can just take the bead out push up and replace bead no need to take full rows out. Do this every 8 weeks then next set full removal and refit on a different section of the hair so that your not putting to much pressure on one part of the hair. Xx

With an la weave you should be going round the beads. So they should always be free. Then you can just take the bead out push up and replace bead no need to take full rows out. Do this every 8 weeks then next set full removal and refit on a different section of the hair so that your not putting to much pressure on one part of the hair. Xx
When you say take the bead out and push up - what do you mean? When the lady I go to tightens my weave, she takes the rows out individually, replaces the micro rings and then sews it back on, pretty much the same as application.

I trained with beauty works and they say to go round the bead at each side so that no thread is on the bead then it's just a case of taking the bead out and pushing a new one back up. Sorry I am rubbish at explaining things. I have been doing them over a year now and never had any problems with it this way and saves loads of time with tightening appointments. Xx

I trained with beauty works and they say to go round the bead at each side so that no thread is on the bead then it's just a case of taking the bead out and pushing a new one back up. Sorry I am rubbish at explaining things. I have been doing them over a year now and never had any problems with it this way and saves loads of time with tightening appointments. Xx
Ah yes i know what you mean - i do it the same way going round each side. Never thought to just take the bead off and add a new one and push the weave up. I guess thread and weave is already attached to the hair so it works! Will try this on my next refit appointment. x

Yeah just need to make sure the hair will move easy and no matting. It's so much faster and that way I can charge less and people are more inclined to come back for maintenance. X

Can u send a pic of what you mean when you say you go round the bead? I haven't had any issues with re doing them, only takes an hour tops xxx

Excuss this pic it's the only one I have. This was one of my first and had been in for 10 weeks
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447956370.915867.jpg

As you can see no thread near the beads, leaving them free. You can do a tightening in 20/30 mins this way. Xx

Great thanks leeann appreciate the pic aswell :) xxx

Thanks ladies. I think I'll have a little play on my block and see how I feel about it. Then decide on a course. Your input is much appreciated

Personally I've been taught about 8 to 12 weeks needs full refit. Pushing rings back up I feel damages the ring and hair. Also at refit to avoid tension on the hair move up or down slightly to new strands. I use small rings so there's more of them to be secure. I removed someone else's work recently as she couldn't get hold of her old extensionist and she had the hair in for 6 months. Very matted but hadn't slipped too far.

Yeah I would say anything after 8 weeks needs taken out in the pic I put up I wouldn't have pushed that up. Most of my clients do it every 4/6 weeks because I don't charge a lot for it. Sometimes I replace rows if I think it needs to be done. Every client is different. It also depends on how well they have looked after it as well. Got to look at evey persons different. Should never be pushed up more than twice. Xx

Personally I've been taught about 8 to 12 weeks needs full refit. Pushing rings back up I feel damages the ring and hair. Also at refit to avoid tension on the hair move up or down slightly to new strands. I use small rings so there's more of them to be secure. I removed someone else's work recently as she couldn't get hold of her old extensionist and she had the hair in for 6 months. Very matted but hadn't slipped too far.

Why is it damaging? If the client still has enough hair in the ring its fine.

Could push baby hairs back up rather than natural growth. If anything remove ring and re hook. The rings are weakened by the pliers by opening them so I would personally use new rings as they would also be neater. Been taught by 2 separate companies and both advise not to push ring back up they are to replace.

Could push baby hairs back up rather than natural growth. If anything remove ring and re hook. The rings are weakened by the pliers by opening them so I would personally use new rings as they would also be neater. Been taught by 2 separate companies and both advise not to push ring back up they are to replace.

Baby hairs are at the hairline and you shouldn't be applying any extensions there.

Yeah new beads are always put on and the small section of hair is combed to get rid of any dead hair. When it comes to extensions so many people do it all different ways. Xx

Baby hairs are at the hairline and you shouldn't be applying any extensions there.
It's only my opinion and from my experience and training. Yours maybe completely different and what works for you works. After having hair fitted for my years in my own I've never had rings pushed back up.

Latest posts

Back