La Weave, newly qualified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShanMx

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently qualified in LA weaves but i am struggling with a few things and wondered if anyone had any tips.
1. I struggle to do maintenance.For example everytime i try to do the same amount of beads and the same lengthit just doesnt work so i end up chopping a bit of the weave off at the ends is this normal? how do i get it more accurate ?
2. I really cannot cut or blend. Can anyone give me tips on this.
3. I am terrible at sectioning i think haha.

Im not confident at all but i really enjoy it and i just want to start feeling better about doing them i dont want to start doing a bad job
thanks for any tips guys xx

hi, you need to keep practising until you are confident, try to find friends or family members to practise on also aswell as your training head.

Hi, I have recently qualified in LA weaves but i am struggling with a few things and wondered if anyone had any tips.
1. I struggle to do maintenance.For example everytime i try to do the same amount of beads and the same lengthit just doesnt work so i end up chopping a bit of the weave off at the ends is this normal? how do i get it more accurate ?
2. I really cannot cut or blend. Can anyone give me tips on this.
3. I am terrible at sectioning i think haha.

Im not confident at all but i really enjoy it and i just want to start feeling better about doing them i dont want to start doing a bad job
thanks for any tips guys xx
as for the ends, i tend to leave the end rings at either end till last, after i have removed the old rings, and combed through and then put in the new rings. I then re-measure the weft as they usually stretch slightly and do the end rings last!

I take them out completely, wash and Blowdry, section hair, starting from one end, and look in as I go ace then see after. I then don’t have a problem of excess or having to cut the weft.

Sorry predictive text.
Lock/add rings as I go and then sew in after.

Latest posts

Back